GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The majestic scenery of the Million Dollar Highway, Black Canyon, Lizard Head Pass, Grand Mesa and Colorado National Monument just to name a few will again serve as the backdrop for the 2020 edition of Rockies Gold here in Montrose September 17th, 18th and 19th. The Black Canyon Motel is under new ownership and that can be an issue sometimes, but they really hooked us up this year!

Rates for a single king or queen bed will be $64.99 a night with 2 double queen rooms at $74.99 a night. This is the best rate I've been able to get in at least a couple of years. You'll need to call them at 970-249-3495 and mention "Rockies Gold" to get those rates. They will honor that rate for Wednesday night 9/16 through Saturday night 9/19 and have agreed to hold 30 rooms for us. If we need more, I'm sure that can be arranged. The sooner rooms get booked, the better chance of them being in the same "area" of the motel, otherwise it's whatever is available. They will hold this rate through the end of May.

As always, plan on a Friday evening evening get together at our place. We had an amazing turnout for 2019 and look forward to seeing everyone again in 2020!!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Anyone else going to be there early? I'm planning on being there Wednesday to Friday unless work schedule changes.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Leslie and I are thinking of heading your way and checking this out. We've got a few other irons in the fire right now, but are hoping to fit this in since we're not going to take our big vacation this year. Is there a camp ground near by?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leslie and I are thinking of heading your way and checking this out. We've got a few other irons in the fire right now, but are hoping to fit this in since we're not going to take our big vacation this year. Is there a camp ground near by?

There’s a KOA behind the Black Canyon Motel and I think some others have stayed at the Cedar Creek RV park which is right in the same area.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
There’s a KOA behind the Black Canyon Motel and I think some others have stayed at the Cedar Creek RV park which is right in the same area.
KOA is about 2 blocks from the motel.
Thanks, that's awesome. Leslie got to thinking about the weather and decided if we can go, Colorado and September = cold and Hotel. :wink2:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I will be there if the Lord is willing. At that price I might just opt for the motel room this year instead of KOA. If things go according to plan I'll be riding a new Wing. If those plans do not pan out I'll be riding my trusty 07 Blue Wing. Look forward to seeing ya'll. Great rides and good friends with wonderful hosts = the best motorcycle gathering in the country.

Fred

·
Registered
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Thanks Ron. I’ll see you on Wednesday the 16th of September. Please put me down for the cookout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I didn't see where Ron had got to asking about RSVP's for the cookout yet. But put me down too. >:)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm not gonna be able to make it this year as I plan on being out of the country. I enjoyed last years meetup and rides and if my plans change, I'm there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts