GL1800Riders Forums banner

181 - 200 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
We're officially 2 weeks away (that's right, ONLY 2 WEEKS!!) from another edition of Rockies Gold. My wife and I will once again be hosting our traditional BBQ Friday evening 9/18 from 5:30PM - 7:30PM. Just like the ride, this will be VERY informal. We will provide everything. All you have to do is show up, tell stories (most of them true) and meet friends old and new. Social distancing will be encouraged and if you want to wear a mask, please do so! We want everyone to enjoy themselves and most importantly, be safe.

We'd like to get a head count, so if you're planning to attend the BBQ, please RSVP via this link.

·
Administrator
3,584 Posts
At the risk of parroting Capt. Bob, I too am doing everything I can to make Rockies Gold. I just got out of the hospital with some issues that I thought only bothered old men, but it turns out that even us young 73 year-olds are not immune! My Doctor and I will be watching, but as of now my plans are still to meet ssncob in Fort Worth on Tuesday Sept 15 and make our way to Montrose. If that changes I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Also, as Capt. Bob said, hurricanes on the Gulf Coast in September are always a big wild card. We just barely dodged a bad one last week that missed us by 50-60 miles but still caused widespread loss of power in my area.

From what I'm reading I need to pack my Gerbings. I hope to see y'all in Montrose.

Ron (1096dad), I plan to eat some of your BBQ! I'm a big fan!

Glen

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
At the risk of parroting Capt. Bob, I too am doing everything I can to make Rockies Gold. I just got out of the hospital with some issues that I thought only bothered old men, but it turns out that even us young 73 year-olds are not immune! My Doctor and I will be watching, but as of now my plans are still to meet ssncob in Fort Worth on Tuesday Sept 15 and make our way to Montrose. If that changes I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Also, as Capt. Bob said, hurricanes on the Gulf Coast in September are always a big wild card. We just barely dodged a bad one last week that missed us by 50-60 miles but still caused widespread loss of power in my area.

From what I'm reading I need to pack my Gerbings. I hope to see y'all in Montrose.

Ron (1096dad), I plan to eat some of your BBQ! I'm a big fan!

Glen
Glen, I don't think God is too busy to bless us both if we ask!! 🙏

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Glen I hope its nothing serious for a youngster your age and I hope you get to go to Rockies Gold with Capt. Bob.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Probably a bit late to the party, but are they still honoring the RG rate at the Hotel? Will call later today.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Probably a bit late to the party, but are they still honoring the RG rate at the Hotel? Will call later today.

Don't know for sure, but there have been some cancellations so they should. 3Eagles had to let his room go recently.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It wasnt honored last month when I called. Of course that might have something to do with my surly attitude. Nah!

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Talked to Angela(?) in the middle of her morning rush. She and I both agreed a later time might be more conducive to “negotiations”. Will call back this afternoon...

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Talked to Angela(?) in the middle of her morning rush. She and I both agreed a later time might be more conducive to “negotiations”. Will call back this afternoon...
When I called a week or so ago, they had double rooms but no single ones available at the reduced price. I ended up with the last single they had available at that time. OTOH, a single came available a few minutes after I called and they called me back offering me the single, which I took. They seem willing to honor the price on the block of rooms they had reserved.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Just got a good report from our local weather guessers. They are all saying that the two way off storms are going to turn north before they even get close. That's the good news but the bad is there is another area right behind those two. The good news again is the high pressure that is guiding them away is supposed to stay in place for a least two weeks. I told one of the local guys that I really needed 3 weeks to be on the safe side. He said he would see what he could do (TIC). LOL ;) Also the long range for Montrose is looking better than last year also (cooler) anyway.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Heading out Monday morning. See you all on Wednesday around noon. PS. I'm not too particular on what brand of beer you bring.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Bad news is I'm out for this year.

Good news is a room just opened up @ Black Canyon

@Capt.Bob you and Uncle John be sure and raise a glass for me @ Juicy Lucy's in honor of Gary!
Man, terrible news. I was looking forward to seeing you again 😔 Take care Rat.

Reactions: Ratster

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Bad news is I'm out for this year.

Good news is a room just opened up @ Black Canyon

@Capt.Bob you and Uncle John be sure and raise a glass for me @ Juicy Lucy's in honor of Gary!
We will miss you. Looks like our group of five is down to two. Take care and maybe we will see ya on another get together. :(

Reactions: Pooch

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Well it’s a good thing we didn’t have our little ride this week. Here’s what we have around here today! Weather guessers are predicting great weather next week thank goodness.

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
Ron, how about Monarch Pass? The CODOT cameras I’m presently looking from Salida to Gunnison are showing a significant amount of snow on the roads. What’s your take if the white stuff in the higher elevations is going to melt off by next week. I know the temps are supposed to be warmer.

181 - 200 of 325 Posts