GL1800Riders Forums banner

201 - 220 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well it’s a good thing we didn’t have our little ride this week. Here’s what we have around here today! Weather guessers are predicting great weather next week thank goodness.

That’s crazy! We’ve been in the mid-nineties, high humidity all Summer in Kansas. Finally today we had falling temps all day. Tomorrow’s high is 59F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
874 Posts
I expect Monarch Pass to have no snow on Sept 16th. It will likely be in the high 40s or low 50s. If we get thrown a curve, we have to be flexible. :)
Ron

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Ron, how about Monarch Pass? The CODOT cameras I’m presently looking from Salida to Gunnison are showing a significant amount of snow on the roads. What’s your take if the white stuff in the higher elevations is going to melt off by next week. I know the temps are supposed to be warmer.
CDOT had Monarch closed for a while earlier today, but it's back open. I think this snow will be nothing but a chilly memory by this weekend. We're expecting upper 70's/low 80's in Montrose this weekend so I'm sure our roads will be just fine. (y)(y)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I'm grateful the forecast for next week in Colorado is wildly better than it has been for the past couple of days.

BTW: Last year I came home via Monarch Pass on Sunday AM and it was a bit nippy going over the pass at about 25 degrees with a significant wind as well.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Colorado. Snow one day, sunny 🌞 and clear roads the next.

Reactions: 1096dad

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Since the event starts on Wednesday, prolly not... :p
Most arrive in Montrose beginning on Wednesday with rides planned for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Although, I could probably be talked into riding Wednesday as well! :cool:(y)

Reactions: 1potter1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most arrive in Montrose beginning on Wednesday with rides planned for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Although, I could probably be talked into riding Wednesday as well! :cool:(y)
Yeah, Chris is joining the F6B No Frills Rally, and must have missed your dates. Most of us are getting in some time on Monday, so hit us up if you want to ride on Wednesday.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sorry to say that I'm gonna have to cancel. Just completed a 19 day cross country ride and I am really beat. I spoke to the Black Canyon Inn today and told them someone would probably be calling to take the room I just cancelled. Looks like my recovery time isn't what it used to be. I know you guys are gonna have a blast.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I have to bow out of Rockies Gold this year. Some of you may have seen me crying on the Tech Board about just losing the crankshaft positioning sensor on my Goldwing. I have the parts ordered from Partzilla, but there is no way for them to arrive in time. Even if they could get here, too many things would have to click into place at the last minute. I know when I’m beat.

I will miss seeing a lot of my friends, even more than I will miss the beautiful scenery of Rockies Gold. The good news for somebody is that my friend and former roommate-to-be Jerry Wells (ssncob) will now have a vacancy at the Black Canyon motel. Jerry is a great roommate, and doesn’t snore too loud.

Y’all post pictures, and I’ll pretend I’m there too.

Glen

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Glen we will miss you!
If Steve snores too loud I will send him to Your spot in Jerry’s room. I’m sure Jerry won’t mind! Army and Navy bunking together....
I just received my second Sena 50S replacement today for my wife’s helmet. I have just enough time for installation and a test this weekend before we blast off at noon on Tuesday.
Looking forward to the ride and seeing all who can make it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Like Glen mentioned, I have a room available to share if someone needs one. Can't tell ya how disappointed Glen and I are. I even offered him a loaner of my 08. 😁

So I've modified my flight plan, leaving my area Tuesday instead of Sunday. See whomever's left next week.

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hi guys... some of you may remember me...still around and the 2012 has 136,500 miles now. Bought a fifth wheel toy hauler so it gets to ride along some. We were supposed to be in Nova Scotia now but border was closed. Would like to make this trip but we already have reservations for a week in Ouray, CO starting Sept 27... friends just bought a house there. Hope you all have a great time.
[email protected]

Reactions: ssncob

·
Registered
935 Posts
RandR and myself are leaving Topeka on Monday. We should arrive at Black Canyon Tuesday afternoon if the pass is clear.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Hi guys... some of you may remember me...still around and the 2012 has 136,500 miles now. Bought a fifth wheel toy hauler so it gets to ride along some. We were supposed to be in Nova Scotia now but border was closed. Would like to make this trip but we already have reservations for a week in Ouray, CO starting Sept 27... friends just bought a house there. Hope you all have a great time.
[email protected]
I remember you very well! Missed you the last year at my RTE. Tried to PM you to check on you. Hope all is well!

Glen

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
😊 all is well... retired... maybe I can make the next one
I remember you very well! Missed you the last year at my RTE. Tried to PM you to check on you. Hope all is well!

Glen

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
😊 all is well... retired... maybe I can make the next one
ya man good to hear from you glad your still out and about . just a heads up glens bbq mite be at another place ?? same time but theres a post somewhere that shows guy building a pavilion and they were thinking of having it there . o you get out a lot with toy hauler ! ?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I have to bow out of Rockies Gold this year. Some of you may have seen me crying on the Tech Board about just losing the crankshaft positioning sensor on my Goldwing. I have the parts ordered from Partzilla, but there is no way for them to arrive in time. Even if they could get here, too many things would have to click into place at the last minute. I know when I’m beat.

I will miss seeing a lot of my friends, even more than I will miss the beautiful scenery of Rockies Gold. The good news for somebody is that my friend and former roommate-to-be Jerry Wells (ssncob) will now have a vacancy at the Black Canyon motel. Jerry is a great roommate, and doesn’t snore too loud.

Y’all post pictures, and I’ll pretend I’m there too.

Glen
I was looking forward to seeing you there. You would have had a great time. I would have thought Partzilla could have overnighted the parts to ya even to Dam B. You will be missed. :(

201 - 220 of 325 Posts