GL1800Riders Forums banner

221 - 240 of 325 Posts

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Like Glen mentioned, I have a room available to share if someone needs one. Can't tell ya how disappointed Glen and I are. I even offered him a loaner of my 08. 😁

So I've modified my flight plan, leaving my area Tuesday instead of Sunday. See whomever's left next week.
I do want to tell everybody that Jerry DID offer me his 2008 Wing to ride to Rockies Gold. It takes a special kind of guy to make that offer! I really appreciate the offer, but it would also take a certain kind of guy to ride a friend's motorcycle for a week's trip to the Rockies. I would be worried sick of scratching the bike every mile of the way. I try not to be that guy!!:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
I do want to tell everybody that Jerry DID offer me his 2008 Wing to ride to Rockies Gold. It takes a special kind of guy to make that offer! I really appreciate the offer, but it would also take a certain kind of guy to ride a friend's motorcycle for a week's trip to the Rockies. I would be worried sick of scratching the bike every mile of the way. I try not to be that guy!!:D
That's an incredible offer and it's still not to late to take! Maybe a temptation pic will "help." Forecast is for severe clear and temps in the upper 70's and low 80's. You're welcome! 😎😎

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I was looking forward to seeing you there. You would have had a great time. I would have thought Partzilla could have overnighted the parts to ya even to Dam B. You will be missed. :(
Partzilla seems to be pretty slow right now. I'd think that a board member might be a better source than a parts house to get the sensor quickly. Surely someone has one sitting on a shelf.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Ok, if you’re worried about scratches, my ‘01 with 370k miles on her is sitting in Palestine, right up the road from you, with near new shoes, fresh oil change and brakes, whimpering to be ridden! You couldn’t hurt her if you tried!!! Sure was looking forward to finally meeting you. Would be thrilled to have you ride the old nag up! If anything happened, you could just leave her and ride b***h home with a friend! if that doesn’t strike your fancy, next time I’m in Texas, I’m going to that Dam place and harrass you.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looks like Denver is as far as I’ll make it Wed night. If anybody is riding over to Montrose on Thursday AM, I’d be interested in tagging along... see ya’ll sometime Thursday...

·
motorcycle cowboy
902 Posts
I'm ready to roll!

Reactions: yardart

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Ok, if you’re worried about scratches, my ‘01 with 370k miles on her is sitting in Palestine, right up the road from you, with near new shoes, fresh oil change and brakes, whimpering to be ridden! You couldn’t hurt her if you tried!!! Sure was looking forward to finally meeting you. Would be thrilled to have you ride the old nag up! If anything happened, you could just leave her and ride b***h home with a friend! if that doesn’t strike your fancy, next time I’m in Texas, I’m going to that Dam place and harrass you.
Rev, your 01 sounds right down my alley. M, and iy '06 that I sold last May had 320,000 on it so I would probably feel at home on yours. That is a very kind offer and it typifies the kind of people I've met on this board. Thank you so much!

I'll pass on the offer though. Cyclemax notified me that they shipped my order today. After this mechanical setback I scheduled a followup doctor appointment for my liver/gallstone issue next Tuesday. If the parts arrive I'll contact Len Ellis and see about heading to San Antonio Wednesday.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
ya man good to hear from you glad your still out and about . just a heads up glens bbq mite be at another place ?? same time but theres a post somewhere that shows guy building a pavilion and they were thinking of having it there . o you get out a lot with toy hauler ! ?
Fair amount... was in Eagle Nest, NM a few weeks back... go to Branson, MO several times a year..going again end of Oct...I’ll look a little to see if I can find where the bbq is goi g to be next year.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Revrunt- Just so you know- Anytime you're anywhere near Southeast Texas you'll always be welcome at this Dam B place. I've met a lot of good people here over the years and I'm ready to meet you too!

Glen

Reactions: revrunt

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Revrunt- Just so you know- Anytime you're anywhere near Southeast Texas you'll always be welcome at this Dam B place. I've met a lot of good people here over the years and I'm ready to meet you too!

Glen
YOU 2 WOULD HIT IT OFF GREAT ! 2 "BULLSHI ##ERS :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Glen
You can count on it sir! It would be an honor! Soon.

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I am all packed up and ready to put it in the wind in the AM. I am going to try and get ahead of Sally and the rain associated with her. I might have to turn north bound before I wanted to but that is okay, because I am used to running the gauntlet every time I go through Lousyanna.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I am all packed up and ready to put it in the wind in the AM. I am going to try and get ahead of Sally and the rain associated with her. I might have to turn north bound before I wanted to but that is okay, because I am used to running the gauntlet every time I go through Lousyanna.
You gonna drag unclejohn with you?

221 - 240 of 325 Posts