GL1800Riders Forums banner

241 - 260 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I am all packed up and ready to put it in the wind in the AM. I am going to try and get ahead of Sally and the rain associated with her. I might have to turn north bound before I wanted to but that is okay, because I am used to running the gauntlet every time I go through Lousyanna.
If you are coming anywhere near here and need a room for the night you know you're more than welcome.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
In case y'all didn't see my other post, have a room available to share at Black Canyon motel Wed thru Sat night.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
You gonna drag unclejohn with you?
Sent some folks over to set fire to his house at 5am so he is awake at least. The rain put the fire out so he is okay and he left his bike at his shop so it's okay to go too. :devilish: :devilish:

Reactions: ssncob

·
IronMan
17,469 Posts
You gonna drag unclejohn with you?
yep i'm getting to leave palm bay in about 10 minutes . head to shop to get trailer gonna meet bob in jasper al. tonight

Reactions: networkguy3

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rockies Gold - Canadian Version

As a substitute to not being able to head to Montrose this week (Border Restrictions), I decided to take a mini trip around the Canadian Rockies. Never as Gold as Colorado but the scenery is not too shabby.

Hope all enjoy themselves in Montrose.
Tim
2020 LV01 Masked.JPG
2020 LV05 Mt Rundle.JPG
2020 LV08 Big Horn Hwy.JPG
2020 LV10 High Pass Summit.JPG
2020 LV14 Cowboy Trail2.JPG
2020 LV24 Asulkan Glacier .JPG

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hello Yoda,
I don't have any personal Go-Pro Videos, I would need to have Tim Berger accompany me for that. The pics are from home in Revelstoke, Glacier NP (Rogers Pass), Banff NP, Alberta Hwy 40 Highwood Pass(Big Horn Hwy) and Hwy 22 (Cowboy Trail). Just google Alberta & British Columbia Tourism Videos to check the area. I live within 2 hours ride of 4 National Parks one being 5 minutes from my door step.

Riding season a bit shorter in the Canadian Great White North, June- Mid- Sept best for a MC Trip. Typical snow fall in Revelstoke 12'
Tim
2020-01-15 10.10.48 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Our advance "research team" has concluded after an in-depth conference, committee meeting and collaboration, that Cottonwood Pass is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Who is the "research team"? I think only recognize one of them

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
We are in Checotah Ok. and headed for Clayton NM this morning. I hate it when you have to pay more attention to the weather behind you than the weather in front of you. Looks good in front and not so good behind. We spent Sunday night at Loves in Jasper Al. and took one of John's pig trail routes getting here so we got here late but weather was good all the way.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
RG 2020 Picture
We're going to try something a little different for our group photo op this year. Please meet at the Black Canyon Motel Friday morning at 8AM. (Shouldn't be do tough since most are staying there already!) We're hoping this will make it a little easier to actually see everyone in attendance plus we can take the pic from the second floor of the motel.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Made it to Clayton today. Great weather all the way highest temp we saw was 83 and sunny, Supposed to be in the 50's tonight here. Just texted with Jerry Wells and he is in Abilene. Said he would be in Montrose tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: 1096dad

·
Administrator
3,590 Posts
Made it to Clayton today. Great weather all the way highest temp we saw was 83 and sunny, Supposed to be in the 50's tonight here. Just texted with Jerry Wells and he is in Abilene. Said he would be in Montrose tomorrow afternoon.
I too just talked to Jerry Wells. He plans to get with you and UncleJohn tomorrow and badmouth me. I'm a big boy! I can take it, and besides I probably deserve it for not being there! Y'all have a lot of safe fun!

Glen

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
SO, since I can’t make it there this year, I will be looking for daily (if not hourly) posts of pictures to to ease my pain. I’d be playing in the canyons by now, and would be at the motel by nightfall.
LOTS OF COOL PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Can’t wait! Feel like a ten year old with a new scooter on Christmas morning... have some busy-ness to attend to here in Denver, then hookin’ up the draggin wagin and headed your way... woHOOOO!!!

241 - 260 of 325 Posts