GL1800Riders Forums banner

281 - 300 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #282 (Edited)
Well the sun has set on another edition of Rockies Gold. I have to say, this year was very special. While our numbers this year were a little lower (for obvious reasons), it was a chance to feel and enjoy the freedom of riding, the invaluable time spent strengthening old friendships and investing in new ones, the opportunity to feel some sense of "normal" midst all that brought us to our current edition of so called "normal." Given all that is and continues to define our day to day existence, this was a chance to just enjoy and experience life! A few headed home today and the rest sometime tomorrow. Prayers for everyone's safe return!! Jeanette and I are already looking forward to the 2021 edition of Rockies Gold September 16th thru the 18th!

The group picture turned out great!! We'll have a few more hopefully soon from our rides. Stay safe everyone!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I made it home at 5:30 pm, El Padre 3:30, BobWaldie and Buster about 6 pm to Bob's home, then on to Idaho tomorrow for Buster.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
A heart felt thanks to Ron and Jeanette for another great event. Thanks to all the participants for the for braving the perils of the China flu and rigors of traveling all the miles to get here. As usual I am looking forward to the 2021 edition. If I didn't get to say it before we parted ways. Everyone have a safe trip back home or wherever. I am leaving about 5am. I like to watch the sun come up over the mountains somewhere along 550. So long till next year.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Utah boys made it home safely, a big big thank
you to Ron and Jeanette they're awesome a do a
great job. Good to see old friends and make some
new ones 😊 Looking forward to 2021 maybe Mr.
BMW will be riding the right bike ( but I doubt it) lol.
Thanks again Ron and Jeanette!!! Hope everyone gets
home safely.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Dallas crew just made it home safely. Thanks to all involved for making us welcome for our first Rockies Gold. We are definitely planning a return trip next year.

Met up with Sean and his co-pilot Whiskey from Terlingua Texas just North of Silverton yesterday. They were on their way back home from a 7000 mile trip up into Canada.
I am pretty sure Fred Harmon left us in his dust yesterday not far from Taos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Really enjoyed the event. Here are a few of my photos from the trip.
It was good to see you here Fred. Wish we would have had more time to chat. Thanks again for transforming my bike into true dream machine!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spence and I are home safe and sound. Thank you Randy and Rick for a couple of great days of riding. Thank you Ron and Jeanette for all of your hard work in putting this together. Great memories, meeting up with old friends and making new friends. We have the dates for next year already saved, and we can’t wait.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Austin and I arrived in Denver yesterday evening after some fun pass carving... just before we made the mistake of joining all the fall colors returning audience on the I-70 parking lot for the hang-out party... If we’d have known it was going to be so much fun we’d have shot ourselves first.

Echoing the posts thanking our hosts for their incredible job of putting this on, we want to add our gratitude. The rides were awesome, scenery delightful and friendships even better! The parking lot banter and the supervisors who helped with the tire project were also “appreciated”. Thanks also go out to all the ride leaders that took the time and herded the “cats” (No offense “Big Cat”) as that makes things even better to have some expert and experienced leaders who can tolerate some of our bad habits... you are appreciated! Looking forward to the “next”.

Blessings all! Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Not quite back to the barn yet. I'm in Magee MS. Made it to Childress Tx. the first night and I'm in Magee Ms. tonight 1,455 so far. Hit rain just before the Lousyanna line (no surprise) and still raining. Should make it home before supper tomorrow. Last I heard from John he was lost somewhere in Wyoming or one of the Dakotas, he wasn't sure. LOL

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Be careful Capt ,Bob....Beta mite dump a load uh rain on you.Be safe. (y)
Already has and expecting more today. Good thing I'm wearing my waterproof watch. LOL Heard from UncleJohn last night and he is in Kimball SD (said he asked Siri). He's having better weather than I am.

·
motorcycle cowboy
904 Posts
Pulled into driveway at 11:45 today, 4370 miles total. This was my third consecutive Rockies Gold and it was not a disappointment. Thanks Ron and Jeanette!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I left for home Saturday morning. Took US 550 to Durango, then made my way to Springer, NM via US 64 that night. Made it back home to Russellville AR Sunday night about 9:00. 3,077 miles for the week. Thanks to everyone, especially Ron and Jeanette for making my first Rockies Gold great. I'm looking forward to attending again.

281 - 300 of 325 Posts