GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
Rockies Gold Puppet Master
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's time!! Time to begin making plans for riding the Rockies during one of the most spectacular times of the year and riding some of the most sought after roads in the world!

Rockies Gold 2021 will take place here in Montrose, Colorado September 16th, 17th and 18th. I just got off the phone with the owner of the Black Canyon Motel and he is very much looking forward to seeing our group once again. He informed me they are in the process of renovating their rooms right now so things will be a bit improved by the time we all get together. He has offered us a flat rate of $70 per night for ANY ROOM (single king/queen or double queen) beginning the night of September 15th through the morning of September 19th! This is a very generous offer given they usually charge more than $90 a night that time of the year. They are going to hold 30 rooms at this rate until the end of May, so don't delay making your reservations. The phone number for the motel is 970-249-3495. If we need more, I'm sure that can be arranged.

Our favorite part of the gathering, the Friday night BBQ, will take place at our place the evening of September 17th at 5:30 PM.

2020 was one hell of a year but now that it's behind us, let's make 2021 one to remember for all the right reasons!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE ROOMS AT THE SUPER 8
As of 4/17/21, the Black Canyon Inn is booked up for our ride in so I stopped by the Super 8 today (4/19) here in Montrose and talked with their manager to see if they could set aside some more rooms at a reduced rate. She agreed to reserve 15 rooms for us at $98.00 plus tax per night. All you have to do is mention "Rockies Gold" for the rate. She will hold these rooms and possibly set aside more if needed at this rate until the end of June. At that point their rate will go back up. If you have already made a reservation at the Super 8, just give them a call back and they'll adjust your rate. I think this matches their "pay now/non-cancellable" rate.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Booked it last night, 4 nights. Confirmation received.

·
Administrator
4,156 Posts
I'll be there. I'm splitting the room with ssncob.

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,015 Posts
Reactions: Bipeflier

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
RG 2021 Stickers

Not smart enough to do a poll so DW wants to know color preferred.

Gold, white, black?

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,015 Posts
1 - 20 of 341 Posts