GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
Rockies Gold Puppet Master
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
This is our first Rockies Gold event. Will there be some two up riders?
Usually several two up participants, including my wife and I. (y) Looking forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
Rockies Gold Puppet Master
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
For any airplane lovers coming out to RG, the Montrose Airport will once again be hosting their Tribute to Aviation on the 18th and 19th. Lots of really neat aircraft on display and it's absolutely free! Some of the "big guns" will include a B-52, a C-17, a C-130, a F-18, a A-10 Warthog, KC-46, KC-135c and many others. This will all be staged at the Montrose Airport. Here's a link for more info. Aircraft - Tribute to Aviation

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
For any airplane lovers coming out to RG, the Montrose Airport will once again be hosting their Tribute to Aviation on the 18th and 19th. Lots of really neat aircraft on display and it's absolutely free! Some of the "big guns" will include a B-52, a C-17, a C-130, a F-18, a A-10 Warthog, KC-46, KC-135c and many others. This will all be staged at the Montrose Airport. Here's a link for more info. Aircraft - Tribute to Aviation
Wow, and here I thought Montrose airport was nothing more than a small private plane airport with maybe 1 runway with backtracking on it to get off once the pilot lands.

·
Registered
2007 GL1800, 2018 CRF1000L, 2014 CRF250L, 2000 CBR600
70 Posts
I wont be attending this year, nomatter how much I wanted and planned to.

My roof is leaking and we are putting a new roof on this weekend. I went on a 7 day trip down to florida a few weeks back and I wasnt able to find a reliable house sitter other than my mother and now she will be gone for the upcoming week.

One of my good buddies is competing in a demo derby this weekend so it's not all bad. Will still get some excitement. Not nearly as much as you old timers provide but oh well😄😎

See you cats next year.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
8,306 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Played with Nebraska today, had enough by Sterling CO. We’ll check out independance pass tomorrow on the way. Only 400 tired miles. Sad. But, there were a few road construction zones. You know 40 in a 55 zone for 10-15 miles types of places.

·
Premium Member
Honda Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
652 Posts
An hour east of Oklahoma City. Hope it’s cooler in the mountains!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Dog Smile Dog breed Plant Carnivore

Found a new friend in Ouray.

Sky Cloud Building Wheel Car

·
Administrator
4,153 Posts
Ssncob, 3 Eagles, HondaHawk and I have been in the area since Monday. The road closures of US-50 and US-550 are hampering some of the routes, but there are still too many fabulous roads to ride them all. We met 1096Dad and Jeanette today, and they gave us some good routes.

One thing I haven't seen much of yet is color change in the Aspens. If you know where to see a lot of color, give me a shout!

Edit for clarification- We came in from Denver on US 285 South to US-50. We did see SOME some color change at the higher elevations, but no huge forests of gold, orange, and yellow.

Glen

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Have fun fellas!

Organism Grass Font Wood Rectangle

·
Love The DCT
12,520 Posts
Ssncob, 3 Eagles, HondaHawk and I have been in the area since Monday. The road closures of US-50 and US-550 are hampering some of the routes, but there are still too many fabulous roads to ride them all. We met 1096Dad and Jeanette today, and they gave us some good routes.

One thing I haven't seen much of yet is color change in the Aspens. If you know where to see a lot of color, give me a shout!

Edit for clarification- We came in from Denver on US 285 South to US-50. We did see SOME some color change at the higher elevations, but no huge forests of gold, orange, and yellow.

Glen
Glen, did you have any wait time to get through on US 50?
Rectangle Font Magenta Circle Art

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Reactions: Clamper and ssncob

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
"We have arrived man, get the insence going and the sitar out, we gonna camp in the city park man."

At the hotel with Fredthefirefighter and Tweetybird.

·
Administrator
4,153 Posts
Glen, did you have any wait time to get through on US 50? View attachment 389704
Yes. We hit it again today after riding Highway 92 past Black Canyon. GREAT ride, btw! Both times we lost 45 minutes to an hour to get through after the official 5:30 opening time.

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Two riders from UT will be searching you out for info on pairing their helmets and communication systems between each other. They would be Bobby Coburn and El Padre.
Go easy on them lol...
No problem BUT leaving on a ride 0700, not back till around 1900 Thursday. I'm sure there'll be someone around to help, otherwise I'm in room 105. Or on this...
Sky Automotive tire Plant Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Arrived today with 5 friends. We left Cortez this morning. Our 4th day on the road.
Took Hwy 145 to Teluride, rode the Gondolas, then took the 62 to the 550. Completely bypassed the closed portion of the 550.
Not my first time to Colorado. However my first time to Rockies Gold. Looking forward to meeting you guys. In room 205. Look for a Gray-Black 2016 with a added trunk on the back.
(y)

Corventure Dave

301 - 320 of 325 Posts