GL1800Riders Forums banner
261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Here's a few pics from our ride to Doloras, Silverton, Durango and Oulray. Actually, these are from only two of the stops. Others will have to fill in the gaps. (My phone wasn't used for the group shots.) What an awesome ride! As good as today was, I'm certain I'll be able to get my wife here to do this ride.

Oh, and Ron, did you count your bike yesterday in the 43?

Sky Mountain Cloud Plant community Tree

Cloud Mountain Sky Plant community Plant

Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Highland

Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Tree

Sky Mountain Plant Cloud Plant community

Vehicle Sky Window Motor vehicle Tree

Wood Vehicle Stairs Window Symmetry

Jeans Sky Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
Rockies Gold Puppet Master
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Took a quick ride up to Telluride to enjoy lunch/left overs with my wife and her co-workers. It was a beautiful day for a ride and gave me some time to reflect on the 2022 edition of Rockies Gold. Some great rides, time spent with friends old and new, wonderful memories and while nothing is ever perfect, things turned out pretty well this year. Thanks to everyone who took the time to make the journey this year!! Please be safe getting home and we hope to see you again next year.
Cloud Sky Plant community Mountain Plant

·
Registered
Rockies Gold Puppet Master
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
One last bit of news that I know everyone will appreciate. I just checked and the construction project on Highway 50 between Montrose and Gunnison that caused so many headaches the last couple of years is "scheduled" for completion by July of 2023. Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Pooch is back in the doghouse, 7:30 pm tonight, 1496.1 smiles!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Big Mike and I had a good ride out 92 yesterday before I split off to ride Cottonwood Pass (outstanding upgrade with the blacktop!). I saw signs for cows on the road and expected:

Plant Sky Mountain Tree Road surface

But what I found myself in was

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tree Automotive lighting

If you look close you can see two of the three cattle drivers and some of the hundred or so head of cattle. Once we started moving through the herd, it reminded me of being side by side with the bison in Yellowstone; only not quite as scary.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank you to everyone at this years Rockies Gold! I have an awesome time reconnecting with old friends and meeting new friends. " It don't get no better than this!"
Above all, thank you Ron and Jeanette for being such special Wingers and doing all the hard work to make Rockies Gold the great success it is!!!!!!!
I wish everyone safe travels through out the next year and hope we can all return for a Rockies Gold 23!
Ride safe...........................Jeff 🏍

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
So I’m reading these entries, (thanks to SeaSteve for the link) and I’m really curious about this event. Anywhere I can get details, and get 2023 updates? Looks and sounds like a fun gathering.
Stay right here and keep an eye out for a new thread Rockies Gold 23. I'm sure Ron(1096dad) will be along and start the thread. BTW, Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just got home to Chicago. I had an amazing time at my first Rockies Gold, and everyone was so friendly!

Thanks to Ron and Jeanette for having a great BBQ, and thanks to everyone I rode with, including @SeaSteve, @1096dad, @Walrus, @Ron Fuller, Denny, and the best Colorado tour guide ever, @CO-GLrider!

Here are some stats for nerds:
7.5 days (181 hours)
66 hours of riding
3877 miles
79 gallons of gas
44 mpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Thanks to Ron and Jeanette for hosting this event. My first time, although I tried to make it last year. Denny and I got home this afternoon. We had a great time with @DanPrecision, @Walrus, @SeaSteve on a couple rides and with @1096dad on Saturday at Colorado National Monument.
I will work on getting Denny on the board. Denny rolled 246K miles on his 2008 today and I came up 7 miles short of 65K miles on my 2018 when I got home.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Many many thanks to Ron and Jeanette for another great Ride In. Thanks also for the memorial tribute to our lost friends. We miss them so much. I'm home as of 1:28pm safe and practically sound. See y'all down the road.

261 - 280 of 314 Posts