GL1800Riders Forums banner
281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Many thanks to Ron and Jeanette for being such wonderful hosts. Got home today, 2.5 days of riding (500, 600, 250, mile days), sun all the way but in the high 30's to mid 40's for the last two morning...then it warmed up.
Had a great time at RG 2022, good to be back home after 12 days on the road. Pics going over Rogers Pass & Mt Begie (at home).

Hope to return next year.
Tim
Sky Mountain Ecoregion Natural landscape Snow
Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape Highland

·
Registered
2021 DCT Tour
32 Posts
An odd highlight to share. We stopped at an overlook south of Gateway. A beautiful canyon. We noticed something shiny at the bottom of the canyon below the point where the highway curves. Zooming in, you can see there are two cars down there.

I may be the odd one for preferring holes over hills but I believe that canyon road along the gateway loop deserves the nickname two-million dollar highway.

Plant community Cloud Sky Bedrock Slope
Cloud Sky Bedrock Natural landscape Mountain
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Bedrock Slope

·
Registered
182 Posts
An odd highlight to share. We stopped at an overlook south of Gateway. A beautiful canyon. We noticed something shiny at the bottom of the canyon below the point where the highway curves. Zooming in, you can see there are two cars down there.

I may be the odd one for preferring holes over hills but I believe that canyon road along the gateway loop deserves the nickname two-million dollar highway.

View attachment 408294 View attachment 408295 View attachment 408296
I didn't even notice those! Good eye! I just went down a rabbit hole trying to find info about those crashes but couldn't find anything. One of those vehicles looks relatively new...like from the past decade...while the other looks over 50 or 60 years old.

I did find a drone flight from 2017.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm finally back home. I extend my appreciation to Ron and Jeannette for a great BBQ and the Rockies Gold event. I met more folks than I can remember (at my age that's not unusual). I had some really great rides in the area and I really loved Grand Mesa and the Colorado National Monument. Black Canyon was pretty cool too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Walrus and I had a great ride home. Got to my place around 2PM Tuesday - a little over 3 thousand miles. Then the Walrus motorcycle decided to hang out in my garage for awhile. :) I was on the phone with Spike when he got home a little after 8PM. Definitely one of the best, if not the best Rockies Gold ever.
Thanks to all that make this such a wonderful event.
Special thanks to Ron and Jeanette! (y):)

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,140 Posts
I arrived home Tuesday evening. I checked some boxes including Moki Dugway ( thanks Pooch ) and Monument Valley. I then headed to New Mexico and visited Santa Rosa and Tucumcari. I rode 5712 miles according to my odometer. Met some new people this year and as usual had a great time in Montrose. Thanks Ron and Jeanette!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Many thanks to Ron and Jeanette for being such wonderful hosts. Got home today, 2.5 days of riding (500, 600, 250, mile days), sun all the way but in the high 30's to mid 40's for the last two morning...then it warmed up.
Had a great time at RG 2022, good to be back home after 12 days on the road. Pics going over Rogers Pass & Mt Begie (at home).

Hope to return next year.
Tim View attachment 408286 View attachment 408287
Glad you made it home safe.
It was good to meet you.
Hope to see you again next year.

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Had a great time! Like Ron Fuller said, I made it home about 8:15pm CT. Ron and I put in a final drive at his place. Ron had a new take off on the shelf. It really started growling when we left Colby, KS. A littIe sketchy.
I believe that one went about 160K.

Thanks everybody for the hospitality! A bunch of firsts for me. First RG, first time to that corner of CO, first trip with Ron Fuller and Murf. Thanks Ron for leading! if I would've went by myself, I'd have ran interstate all the way there and back. This trip really opened my eyes. It's been too long since I been on a trip, several years. Now I have a bunch more time off, so hopefully this trip stuff will continue.

·
Love The DCT
13,319 Posts
Gotta love rural America. Gas station, a DQ, and cornfields out in the middle of nowhere. An 18 wheeler even stopped for the DQ!

Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Vehicle

Pigging out after arriving in Kearney. NE

Food Tableware Plate Recipe Ingredient

Hazy sunrise due to smoke, Kearney, NE

Atmosphere Sky Plant Sunlight Atmospheric phenomenon

Fueling the bikes and rehydrating as it was pretty toasty out, Big Springs, NE
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Great burger and fries in Sterling, CO

Food Tableware French fries Ingredient Fast food

Spending the night in Dillon, CO

Sky Automotive parking light Plant Car Vehicle

One way traffic because of a rockslide, Hwy 133, south of McClure Pass.

Vehicle Car Sky Plant Vehicle registration plate

Ribs at Jimmers

Food Tableware Ingredient Plate Recipe

A long way down to the Gunnison River

Bedrock Mountain Natural landscape Terrain Plant

Food fit for a king.

Plant Tree Leisure Wheel Outdoor furniture

Hats off to Ron and Jeanette for a great event! (y)(y)
As DanPrecision says; For you nerds.

2,775 miles of smiles.
51.8 gals of gas.
53.5 mpg average.

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,140 Posts
Gotta love rural America. Gas station, a DQ, and cornfields out in the middle of nowhere. An 18 wheeler even stopped for the DQ!

View attachment 408346

Pigging out after arriving in Kearney. NE

View attachment 408350

Hazy sunrise due to smoke, Kearney, NE

View attachment 408349

Fueling the bikes and rehydrating as it was pretty toasty out, Big Springs, NE
View attachment 408352

Great burger and fries in Sterling, CO

View attachment 408353

Spending the night in Dillon, CO

View attachment 408355

One way traffic because of a rockslide, Hwy 133, south of McClure Pass.

View attachment 408356

Ribs at Jimmers

View attachment 408357

A long way down to the Gunnison River

View attachment 408358

Food fit for a king.

View attachment 408361

Hats off to Ron and Jeanette for a great event! (y)(y)
As DanPrecision says; For you nerds.

2,775 miles of smiles.
51.8 gals of gas.
53.5 mpg average.
Out of curiosity, how did you manage to attain 53.5 mph pulling a trailer? The best that I have attained is 48.5 at elevation with no trailer.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you manage to attain 53.5 mph pulling a trailer? The best that I have attained is 48.5 at elevation with no trailer.
I think that is what a BMW gets.

281 - 300 of 314 Posts