2013 GL1800
1,140 Posts
Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,140 Posts
I think that is what a BMW gets.
I had his bike confused with Ron’s. I did attain 48.5 on one tank rolling 65 and under headed towards Blanding.

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
728 Posts
Splash and I made it home to the Dayton area Wednesday evening fittingly with dark clouds and showers just north of Cincinnati (way to go Kevin ⛈ ). I extend my appreciation to Ron and Jeannette for a great BBQ and the Rockies Gold (Green) event. We took our time heading east swinging in to the south rim of the Black Canyon (the pavement down to the river level is in top notch shape) and warming to the 100 degree temperatures in eastern Colorado, all across Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and swinging thru northern Kentucky (including the new suspension bridge at Louisville - Indiana route 265 - now I'll be watching the mail for a bill).
Great to meet new people (Rick & Janet from Missouri) and to visit with those we've met at previous events.

Rick

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Thanks for documenting our cookout. Now I can prove to my wife where I was last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But only for a couple of hours. What were you doing the rest of the time??? Where you out in Colorado setting up a new SPAM call center? Were you buying supplies to make "Go Broncos, beat the Chiefs" posters? Just what were you up to? :unsure:

·
Registered
White 2018 DCT Tour
840 Posts
Great pix, Mike :)

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, what a great event. One of the best parts is how low key it always is. My wife was out of town this year and I didn’t take her Goldwing. Instead, I was “forced” to drive that red Corvette convertible you saw 😜 I missed riding the twisty roads but the car loved them just as much as my bike. I ended up in rain both going out and coming back and I have to admit that pushing a button and watching the top go up was much more gentile than pulling over, digging out my rain suit out of a saddle bag and dressing on the side of the road. I’m also thinking there are some advantages to watching the automatic wipers come on and probably gave better visibility than watching water bead and stream off my windshield and helmet. With that said, we will both be on our bikes next year. Ron and his wife always put on a great event with great food and great company. And the scenery in that part of Colorado is fantastic no matter which way you travel.
See everyone next year and we will be on two bikes.
(or maybe two Corvettes!)😂😂😂

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow, what a great event. One of the best parts is how low key it always is. My wife was out of town this year and I didn’t take her Goldwing. Instead, I was “forced” to drive that red Corvette convertible you saw 😜 I missed riding the twisty roads but the car loved them just as much as my bike. I ended up in rain both going out and coming back and I have to admit that pushing a button and watching the top go up was much more gentile than pulling over, digging out my rain suit out of a saddle bag and dressing on the side of the road. I’m also thinking there are some advantages to watching the automatic wipers come on and probably gave better visibility than watching water bead and stream off my windshield and helmet. With that said, we will both be on our bikes next year. Ron and his wife always put on a great event with great food and great company. And the scenery in that part of Colorado is fantastic no matter which way you travel.
See everyone next year and we will be on two bikes.
(or maybe two Corvettes!)😂😂😂
Hi there Jetman/Vettman,
Welcome to the board! Hope to see you at many more rides, no matter what you ride! The riders on this board are the best of the best!!!!!!!!!
Ride safe..........................Jeff 🏍

301 - 314 of 314 Posts