GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to this, or has anyone ever? It looks like a great experience. I'm nervous about how far it is, though. I'm wondering if most people ride out, or trailer out.

I'm off work that week, so I'm very interested.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It is worth a ride from anywhere. In 2008 my wife and I flew from South Africa to do RG and it was worth every sent. So for you living in the USA no distance to get there should be to great if you have the time. The friends you will make will also be so worth it and Podo who is arranging it this year is a great guy.

Good luck and hope you make it to RG2011. We are sorry we can't make it again but hopefully will head out there again someday!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've been to three of the four but am missing this one to ride to Arlington National. Something personeel for me. I plan on riding the Dragon and other roads on the way there.

It's a great trip and riding out of Montrose is a great thing. Maybe if they have another I can make it out. I live just East of Tulsa and the ride is no big deal on the Wing even pulling a trailer.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Yeah yeah, I figured I'd get some guff for asking that. :oops:
It's a Goldwing......Get on it and ride. The worse part of going to Colorado
is getting thru Kansas.......I live just south of the Gateway Arch and going
thru Kansas is boring......We generally make it to Colby, Kansas on the
first day. Second day we are in the mountains.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just south of St. Louis, or the arch, itself? I grew up in Festus.

But yes, if I go, I'm sure I'll ride. I'm really leaning hard toward going. It looks like something I'd regret missing, even though I have to be back home by Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The wife and I rode out last year. We took our time and took 4 days to get to Copper Mountain. We went the south route, 412 through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and came up into Colorado southeast of Durango. Then up the million dollar highway. Beat going through Western Kansas. Ride baby Ride

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Most will ride there GW's to Rockies Gold.
I rode to Montrose last fall,it's a nice ride through Hwy 50 in CO.
If you have the time Rockies Gold is well worth the trip,meet up with a lot of great folks and ride some of the best MC roads in the country!!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I rode out from St. Louis for one, going across KS on 50 to Montrose then 70 all the way back. I took 3 days getting there doing some sight seeing and two days back. It was a thrill for this flat lander and would love to make another trip there. The only downside is they put KS between MO and CO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
RG

Never been but will be going this year. will be going through St. Louis on Sat. Get to Denver on Sun will ride through National park on Monday on to Breakenridge for me. If you want to ride along get ahold of me.

Robert & Vickie DePew
[email protected]

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the offer, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to miss out this year. And even if I am able to swing it, I'll be working that Saturday night and would leave no earlier than midday Sunday.

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts