GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Sure is pretty to look at....in a PICTURE. I hope I don't see any more white stuff untill 2015.

My family in Conifer have the same. Do you think it will stay on the ground long or melt off shortly?

Dan

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Break out the Four Wheelers Podo! Sure looks nice out your back window.
There is a mountain in that pic.....

Do you think it will stay on the ground long or melt off shortly?

Dan

That's what we keep a secret here. We try to really build up the cold and snow side of Colorado so other folks won't know how nice it is where there are more sunny days than the sunshine state.

All this will be gone by this weekend.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
There is a mountain in that pic.....

That's what we keep a secret here. We try to really build up the cold and snow side of Colorado so other folks won't know how nice it is where there are more sunny days than the sunshine state.

All this will be gone by this weekend.
Dan, if the snow isn't gone by the time you get there, let me know. I got PODO's address.
You can go-n-give him WHAT-FORE. :twisted:
thecruiser

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I got 37 days before I need to worry about it!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
LOL it's gone down here Paul! Goin' for a ride tomorrow.:lol:

David

·
Registered
619 Posts
Snow

Ok Paul,
Be honest. That picture could be from June or July too. The flatlanders and coastal people just don't realize the extent of Colorado's elevation. Truly, some of the best motorcycle roads (and trails) in the country.

Rick

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's safe to come out now.....

The roads are clear:

This was yesterday after a day and a half of pure Colorado sunshine. Mt. Logan @ 12,871 ft. asl.

Still snow at timberline but all the roads are clear, watch out for sand in the corners.

Spring riding out here is extraordinary with all the snow capped peaks, you just have to dodge the rain showers sometimes.

Ok Paul,
Be honest. That picture could be from June or July too. The flatlanders and coastal people just don't realize the extent of Colorado's elevation. Truly, some of the best motorcycle roads (and trails) in the country.

Rick
You're right Rick, altitude is everything out here, we get snow year round, but then we don't have A/C in the house either!

And trails, let me tell you about our trails...

Almost 80,000 acres of nothing but hiking and horseback out our back door. And buried treasure from the Reynolds Gang.

Look them up. Look up the treasure map. That star is where I live.....

Just haven't found the treasure yet.

And then there's the ATV trails. You think the views from the pavement are beautiful, you haven't seen the real beauty of

Colorado till you get into the backcountry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts