GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, we took my wife's Spyder RT Limited down for some work to a local shop and while we were there, parked in the lot was a Ryker.
The Ryker is not a Spyder.
They have the Can-Am Spyder models, and they also have the Can-Am Ryker models.

The owner of the shop asked if I wanted to take it for a ride.
I said, I have a motto, "You can't pass up a free ride on a motorcycle"......so I jumped on.
He showed me where the controls were and told me it was fully automatic, not even any paddle shifters. It is what they call a CVT transmission.

I took it around the parking lot and did some figure 8's. It turns really sharp.
I then twisted the throttle and it took of like a bat out of ****!
Whoa! That thing really gets up and goes.
Even thought it is not something I would ride everyday, it was fun riding it.
I am sure there are several people out there that would love this new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
That actually looks like a lot of fun to ride...............

Yesterday I rode with two Can am's and myself for a 123 round trip just for a lunch meal....

Ronnie

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm a 3 wheel instructor and we have a Ryker in the fleet. Everytime I get on that thing , I just crack up laughing. It is a hooligan trike and a lot of fun to ride. If you know someone that might like to ride but maybe afraid of two wheels, this might be the way for them to go. BTW, Can-Am is subsidising 3 wheel rider training and someone can get their 3WMC license training for as little as $99! At least here in Texas.

·
Registered
790 Posts
They look interesting.

BUT I live in the Seattle metro area and have only seen one at the dealership. Not on the road.

See dozens of Spyders and Harley Tri Glides and a few GW trikes though.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Has anyone had one of these on the interstate ?

THAT might be a handful. (just thinking out loud here)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts