GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Not sure what town that's in Murgie. But we did ride rt 39 from Lexington VA upto Summersville on thursday. Nice ride.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
If that is the route you took, then you drove right by this.
Harvey never watches where he's going!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Murgie, actually we left Lynchburg by 8:30, stopped at the natural bridge, and then got on 39 for the ride to Summersville. Was with Larry the mt guy who was leading. I know you would recognize the hack, so we must have been on luch break, sorry we missed each other. Did get to see Travelinlite thou. Rt250 tore up my front tire and Richard hooked me up with a tire.

Rocket, that's why I follow others, then I don't have to watch where i'm going, they do it for me.;)

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't care what they say, that Richard is a stand up guy! :thumbup:

US 250 is a blast to ride. I am sure some of my G709 rubber is laying along side the tread you lost there. In fact, new rubber went on today.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't care what they say, that Richard is a stand up guy! :thumbup:

US 250 is a blast to ride. I am sure some of my G709 rubber is laying along side the tread you lost there. In fact, new rubber went on today.
Will have to agree about Richard. Definitely made my vacation more enjoyable. Only bad thing about 250 is it really needs repaved.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Murgie, actually we left Lynchburg by 8:30, stopped at the natural bridge, and then got on 39 for the ride to Summersville. Was with Larry the mt guy who was leading. I know you would recognize the hack, so we must have been on luch break, sorry we missed each other. Did get to see Travelinlite thou. Rt250 tore up my front tire and Richard hooked me up with a tire.

Rocket, that's why I follow others, then I don't have to watch where i'm going, they do it for me.;)
That don't say much about your Indian scout, if you have to follow someone else!:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That don't say much about your Indian scout, if you have to follow someone else!:22yikes:
Chief doesn't drive he rides "behind" me, so how can he "lead" me? Unbelieveable

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Hey Harvey, glad to see you all are still motoring along. By the time you read this I assume you'll be back home. Hope it was a worthwhile trip and the ladies enjoyed the ride.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Elevation RAIL trail ,,,oh ain't that special:yes1:.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Chief doesn't drive he rides "behind" me, so how can he "lead" me? Unbelieveable
Harvey, that is what I am saying! Why on earth don't you have him "in front", where his experience could be utilized!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Harvey, glad to see you all are still motoring along. By the time you read this I assume you'll be back home. Hope it was a worthwhile trip and the ladies enjoyed the ride.
Made it home Friday evening. I absolutely love the tire. Handle bar shake is all but gone, only a little when the wife rode on the back with me. A big thankyou again Richard. And Rocket, the chief can't get a license, can't pass the eye test, due to his wooden eyes, why you think he stayed in the hack all day. southerners sure are slow sometimes.

Murgie, you gonna tell us where you took that picture?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What tire you want to know about? The BT45 that started to crack, or the 709 from Richard? There were 12 cracks like this one around just one side of the tire. Don't think the 709 will last long, remember my bike don't lean, stays pretty much upright all the time.

IMG_2412.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Red Bird, there is a lot of towns along that road and I ain't that observant. Took me two weeks the figure out why the Chief just sat in the same chair stareing at the TV.:lol:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Richwood?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What tire you want to know about? The BT45 that started to crack, or the 709 from Richard? There were 12 cracks like this one around just one side of the tire. Don't think the 709 will last long, remember my bike don't lean, stays pretty much upright all the time.

View attachment 14518
Harvey, is there not a C/T you can put on the front, I though I saw a few years ago someone found one that fit on the front of their trike??? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I probably am wrong on that???
:?: :oops:

Sick Rocket on searching one out for you, he's real good at finding tires!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts