GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I purchased my Wing in 2003 this has been the first time I have been able to ride on Christmas day.

Guess What , I did.. :wink: :wink:

I left the house on the Vulcan and it was 34 deg. The frost had pretty much left so I took the chance. I stayed away from roads with overhanging trees and blind curves and hills.

I wanted to see how the Vulcan felt at that temp. without any farings or any wind protection except for the windshield. To say the least it was cold. Not completely freezing but not real comfortable. I rode a total of 54 miles and when I got home I was chilled pretty good. Now I know the Wing would work in this situation pretty good compared to the Vulcan. I have ridden the Wing in that type of weather without too much problem.

I am going to get the Wing out after while and ride it also. It kinda looked like it was being neglected. :lol: :lol:

Ross

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Rode my wing 450 miles on Saturday all over northeast Texas. Rode for the first 3hrs at temperatures which never got above 36 degrees. Eventually it did warm up into the upper 50's in the afternoon but I dressed warmly and kept the heated stuff fired up and stayed comfy all day and had a great ride. 8) :D Terry

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Traded my Nomad in on my wing 3 years ago. Really liked that bike until I got wing, but two different types of riding. Wish I could have kept both. I rode this morning till about 11:00 AM, then started to get a little warm, 82 degrees. Looking forward to retiring in about 4 years and moving a little further north than S. Florida, maybe Ga, S.C. N.C. or Tn.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ride

I also went for a Ride today 41 out here ,, got 50 miles from home and started Raining ,, Oh well ,, :eek:4: still was nice to get out ,, Have a Great Holiday everyone ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts