GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday afternoon I was making a left turn in Glenwood Springs, Colorado and a truck also turning left in the outside lane, his rear tires(cut corner) hit my right saddlebag and I went down, full ATGATT plus Frog Toggs. 2 hours in ER, Xrays/CT Scan, no broken bones but have a separated AC muscle in my right shoulder. Damage to bike is right side mirror,saddlebag, right side top shelter cracked, outer fairing gouged bad, kury peg/engine guard gouged, will have to replace the kury saddlebag lights on that side. I wasn't towing my trailer this trip. After I figured out it was rideable, I rode it to Grand Junction to stay at my brothers and finished the ride home to Utah Saturday. I was riding from Pueblo, Colo. to Grand Junction via Independence Pass, which was a great ride BTW. I will get pics up as soon as I can.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Glad it wasn't any worse. Congrats for getting back on so soon. I hope you heal quickly.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ouch, Pooch! See what happens when you miss breakfast? Sorry to hear you are hurting and the bike got busted up but good to hear you are still around. I am assuming the corner cutter and his insurance are being good about all this?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm waiting on the police report, the officer was talking to him when they hauled me off in the ambulance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to hear you're here to tell about it! Hope the shoulder heals quickly.

·
Banned
350 Posts
WOW. Hard to think of yourself as lucky but sure glad you are pretty much okay. Hope the responsible party stands up.

I was in Glenwood Springs on a SS1000 on 26/5/2011 and I recall noting I would not choose that exit again because of the traffic and tourists. Next time I would continue to Gypsum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts