GL1800Riders Forums banner

Rode my new Ultimate saddle and got pain in the back!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jamcgowan 
#1 ·
I received my Ultimate midrider saddle with backrest night before last, quickly installed it and took a 250 mile ride yesterday morning. The seat felt great although it put me slightly higher off the ground, but my back started hurting after about 100 miles and after 250 I felt like I had been kidney punched for an hour by Rocky Balboa! I could tell I was farther away from the bars but their website mentions nothing about being farther back than the original seat. A quick phone call this morning confirmed my suspicions, the midrider puts you back 1" farther! I love the seat, but have now had to order handlebar risers. :cry:

#2 ·
The handlebar risers will work wonders, particularly if you're real tall. I have the same seat, and without the risers my shoulders just turned to iron after a couple hours on the road.. Put the risers on and am a happy camper.. though I'm not in love with the way the seat fits me.

#4 ·
I got that back and kidney pain with a new Hartco pro tour seat last year. Tried the risers but they didnt work for me. Got the ultimate midrider and problem is gone without risers? Must be why there so many different seats out there.Just wish the ultimate hat the velour top, lots cooler in the heat. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.