GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had purchased some Kurey highway pegs last year (I know, I know) and didnt get around to fighting with them til June of this year. I had to adjust them about a half dozen times before I got a position that was almost acceptable. Then they loosened up. and the fastners rusted. And they loosened up again. And again. Lok-tite held em for about a month.
I contacted Wingstuff, told them how disappointed I was in this particular product and Rodney told me to send them back, no questions asked for a refund or store credit..
Kudos to these guys. I was ready to throw the pegs in the trash and call it an expensive lesson. Wingstuff keeps a customer and I will refer to these forums for opinions on future purchases. ****-o-pegs and a bridgestone battleaxe are this winters updates.. so far!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
They do give great service even after that long of time. I had Kury pegs on both my 1800 wings and never had a problem. must of been a defected set you got.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Before this thread gets deleted, wouldn't it be nice if we had a place where you could not only get all the good information you get here but also be able to tell fellow Goldwingers about great deals and services from ANY company out there? It's too bad this board sensors out valuable information like that, but it is a business and this board is here to make them money. :shrug:

I spread my business around to places that provide good service. It's good to know this stuff. Thanks jjolly!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Before this thread gets deleted, wouldn't it be nice if we had a place where you could not only get all the good information you get here but also be able to tell fellow Goldwingers about great deals and services from ANY company out there? It's too bad this board sensors out valuable information like that, but it is a business and this board is here to make them money. :shrug:

I spread my business around to places that provide good service. It's good to know this stuff. Thanks jjolly!
Bill.You don't want to play by the rules-you know what to do.:thumbup:

I shop around too,and as Lamont himself said (He doesn't expect everyone to buy for DLP).But common sense says."Don't post about a competiting vendor" on you host own board."That is Disrespectful".

·
Banned
334 Posts
Yeah it sure is nice to hear about good customer service before it gets taken down. Bet it would last longer if something or someone was bashing though.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Yeah it sure is nice to hear about good customer service before it gets taken down. Bet it would last longer if something or someone was bashing though.
You'd be wrong too.A bashing thread was pulled when Lamont posted the thread in the link.He's anything but a fair guy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Good to hear you got taken care of. Perhaps the thread title shouldn't have included a competitor's name, but there are two things of value in the OP. He got a product that he was less than happy with, and the vendor he purchased it from was willing to do what it took to make the customer happy.

I too have had Kury products, and have tried to steer away from them because of the quality of the products. The pegs loosening is exactly why I went back to stock foot pegs, and have removed my highway pegs.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Bill.You don't want to play by the rules-you know what to do.:thumbup:
Yes I do and I don't need any self-appointed board cops telling me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Whenever I know of a good deal on something that someone is looking for, I'll send them a PM with info.
Of course the OP couldn't make his point as stated on a PM, but you really do need to respect the rules & wishes of our host.
YOMV but that's mine and I'm sticking to it :yes1:
:popcorn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts