GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Rogers ride in is just around the corner and for me it can't some soon enough. The bike and trailer are ready to go, just watching the clock.

With that said, what time are we leaving the Bennet corner?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Clutches out at 7:30 was the last I heard. Looking at the 10 day forecast, it may be damp. But it will change several times before then. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Clutches out at 7:30 was the last I heard. Looking at the 10 day forecast, it may be damp. But it will change several times before then. :thumbup:
We are hoping for the type of weather we had in 2009 :sun1: all we need is a little luck :luck:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm keeping an eye on the weather. Hopefully the forecast improves before Wednesday, but I am making plans to stash the bike and trailer in a garage in town so I don't have to do the 2 miles on muddy roads Wednesday morning.

If I polish the bike before leaving it is sure to rain, so I will leave it dusty for now.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am itching for this trip :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Four days then off we go ho ho.:yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have a fun safe ride.

I hope and pray that all those going have an enjoyable, safe ride. Wish I was going. :coffee1:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm thinking that the rain suit will be standard apparel on Wednesday morning and maybe some electrics to keep us toasty warm!!!!!! :rain1: :rain1: :rain1:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we are going to find out how waterproof the Gerbings really are.

Less than 58 hour until we let our clutches out. I am so ready.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just spoke with Sherm and we are keeping a very close eye on Wednesday morning due to the temps predicted around 29* and possible freezing drizzle :eek:4:
When we first get around in the morning we are going to physically check conditions!
HAVE YOUR PHONES ON AND KEEP IT ON YOU!
Worst case senerio will just meet up a couple hours later.
As it stands for now, Kickstand up at 07:30.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sound good to me Sherm is going to call me at 6:00 am.Wed. Don

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
After some serious winds we had to deal with from St Joe all the way home, all in all we had a GREAT TIME, Thanks to Sherm and Don for entertaining us as usual :capwin:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another fun Arkansas weekend. Sorry we split off on the way home, but I just wasn't comfortable on the interstate with the wind.

We ended up taking Hwy 36 over to Hwy 7 to Hwy 159 to Hwy 73 to Hwy 75 to Hwy 136 to Hwy 50 to Hwy 41 to Hwy 43. Felt like a ride in Arkansas when we were changing highways every 10 miles. But after stopping at Famous Daves we were home by 4:30.

Thanks to all of you for making this a fun weekend. In a few days I will start thinking about riding again, but until then I don't want to see that white thing. :shock:

Glad everybody got home safe. See you all soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts