GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home safe and sound. We took the scenic way home. Left out about 8:30am arrived home about 2:00pm. Thanks Laura and Loren for another great event and all the work you did so we can have fun.

Laura, heal up fast! We will miss you in chat!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I made it home last night, took about 8 minutes

thanks to everyone for comming, we will try and make it a better event next year

and thanks for all of your kind words and concern for laura

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tina and I left at 8:30 and made it home at 3 with a lunch stop on the way.

Had a great time seeing everyone and yall did a good job Loren/Laura putting together the event ... many thanks.

Hope you heal up quickly Laura and get back to riding soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
We all made it home about 3:30. Ran into rain in St Joe while we stopped for lunch. Waited it out for about 45 minutes and took off in a drizzle. Then turned off I29 at Nebr City and got our asses soaked:rain1: the last 50 miles. Still had a great time and Thank You to Laura & Loren for putting it on.:clap2: :clap2::clap2: Hope Laura heals up real fast. Was able to put some more faces to some of the board names. It was good to meet them all.:thumbup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks again Loren an Laura for another great event. Laura hope you get to feeling better soon. Make Loren wait on you hand and foot. Milk it for all it is worth.

Great seeing everyone again.

I had a great ride home. Got here about 1600.

Looking forward to next year...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Made it home about noon. No rain but plenty of wind! I looked at my tires when I got home and the sides are worn down and the middle looks new. :eek:4: Loren, Laura you guys put on a hell of a nice shindig and I want you to know that it was very much appreciated. We had a wonderful time. Laura, very sorry to have had heard about the accident but very thankful that you will be okay. I'm sorry we did not get to meet but I'll just pester you twice as much next year. Hope everyone makes it home safe and hope everyone (and then some) can return next year.:yes1: I will be looking foward to it!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ouida and I made it home a little after 2. Had a great time and looking forward to the next one. Hope to see many of you in Harrison in the fall.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This was the first time my wife and I have attended something like this mainly because we are new riders,but I can assure you it wont be the last, that was the most fun I have had in a long time and we met some great people. Than you to Loren and Laura for all the work you put into the event.Laura hope you get better soon and back on chat I dont have anybody there right now to kick me. Thanks Again !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mary and I made it home about 11:30, No Rain lotsa Wind. took the back roads, Thanks again Laura and Loren, we really enjoyed it again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Slept in and got a late start home but still made it in by 11;30. Sorry guys but I even took the scenic route. Move to the Ozarks and you would be home early.... Thanks to Loren and Laura for another great event. Can't wait till the Harrison event and getting to see everyone again. A special thanks to Paul for the suspension job. Wow I would have never believed I would be that lucky. It will be like a new bike again!!!! And last but not least Laura. Do what the doctor says and Rehab. Don't be the pain that Loren says you will be... just kidding. Get well and see you in Harrison.

Thanx again for a job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
We left at 7:00 and made it home at 9:00, non-stop trip home, (wife wanted to beat the rain-and we did too! Still ain't rained!), and we didn't even get to use the new Frogg Toggs:yes1:! Lorri's kinda shy around new people, so we just kinda did our own thing while we were there, went to Eureka Springs and to the yellow bridge on 187 that some guys at work want to go see sometime, (now I can show 'em I've been there)! Loren & Laura, we really appreciate all the hard work you have to put in to pull this together, and the chicken and the bar-b-que suppers, (dinner, for any city slickers), were great. Great hotel accomadations too. Maybe sometime later this summer, we'll be ridin' around the area and it would be our pleasure to treat ya'll to a dinner, (supper for us redneck country hicks :lol:). Laura, sorry to hear of your accident, hope ya heal quick & well and get back out there! Hope everyone made it home safe. Later!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
anyone who would like to visit the arkansas ozark area, be sure you stop by

i am usualy avaible for rides and always ready to eat and tell stories

the problem with hosting an event, is i am always busy and not much time to mingle

·
Registered
964 Posts
Gerri and I made it home at 5:30. We had a great time. Thanks Loren and Laura.

We waited out some rain for about an hour a little south of Des Moines, I think I should have waited a little longer. We ended up riding in a lot of rain, some of it very heavy.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wife and I got home about 5:50 PM good trip except for the wind!
Hope Laura heals fast, hate when that happens especially right in front of us.
Looking forward to next year and bringing some friends!

Thanks Again Loren & Laura for all your effort!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Got home safe and sound..
Laura and Loren, thanks for a great time and excellent company.
Get well soon Laura, hope to see you and Loren in the fall.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
We left about 9:30am and the parking lot was pretty vacant by then. Stopped at the Lake of the Ozarks for lunch at Shoney's. Not near as good as the food that Loren and Laura lined up for us. We got home about 2:30. No rain but plenty of wind. Thanks guys for a great event and an awesome hotel and we'll see you again next year. BB

·
Registered
453 Posts
Can't say any more than what's already been said, enjoyed it! Hope Laura heals fast.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Left @ 8:30. Home @ 2:00.
In bed for a Nap by 2:30 ;) *

Thanks Loren & Laura. Had a Great Time!

Get Well Soon Laura.

Paul
* It was that Pie Stop @ Lewis cafe in Saint Clair, MO that finished me off.
1-pc Coconut cream, 1-pc Chocolate Cream, & 2 large Milks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Left Rogers @ 5:45 this morning, hit I545 with hammer down! Arrived in Spring (Houston) Texas @ 4 PM - some 581 miles later. Long ride with lots of wind the entire way home. :eek:4:

Had a terrific time - in large part to the planning and prep of Loren and Laura - thx guys - you done good! Laura, so sorry about your accident - heal quickly and completely - prayers from Texas.

Those having difficulty getting home due to the weather - please be safe - take your time - want to see you again.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts