GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used or heard of anyone using Rotella oil in their Goldwing?? This Rotella oil is used in Diesel engines.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Lots of happy customers (gl owners) with Rotella, especially on the Steve Saunders GW forum. I used it for years with great results. I switched over to Chevron Delo 400 about 4 changes ago. I think it's just a little better than Rotella as far as shifting smoothness.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My kid had a diesel and sold his truck, he had 3 gallons left over, so I'm using it for my bikes.

I just changed the oil in my VTX and used it. In a few more miles the Wing is going to get some too. No problems!

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Anyone ever used or heard of anyone using Rotella oil in their Goldwing?? This Rotella oil is used in Diesel engines.
It's a good product from a reputable company. That said, it's what's on the label that counts. Use oils certified and labeled as meeting the API standardsrecommended by the engine manufacturer and you will have no problems.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I use Shell rotella 15-40 and will continue to do so. It is a great quality oil and meets all the Jasco specs for MC's. The wing likes it. Oh and it's reasonably priced at Wally World.

Fred

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
It's now JASO MA certified but I've been using it long before they spent the money to have it certified. I run it in everything I own.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Either the full synthetic rotella in the blue jug or the regular shell rotella in the white is a great oil for the Wing. It has been endorsed by many Gold Wing riders and tech writer for a Gold Wing magazine. Use it,

·
Registered
512 Posts
:agree: Use it all the time blue jug wally world buy it on sale 17.99. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I've been using Castrol Tection Extra since the first oil change. I'm now using a Puralator PL14612 filter too. I may change to Rotella since Wally World no longer carries Castrol.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I think that any motor oil that meets Honda's requirements as stated in the owners' manual will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW, thanks for the FAST feed-back guys. I was told this oil was really good for the Wing, but I just didn't know if anyone else used it. I use it in my diesel truck and now have it in my Trike. If diesel trucks can go a million miles or so, it has to be good and should be as good or better for bikes as anything else. Really appreicate all the replys. I feel better now. Also, for anyone interest, about once a year, I fill-up my Trike with fuel and add a pint of diesel. As you know it burns a little hotter and really cleans the inside of your engine. I wouldn't recommend adding anymore than a pint because it does burn hotter. Wouldn't want to burn anything up. I also add a gallon of gas to my diesel truck once a year. It seems to clean the engine a little better than the addivities you buy and is cheaper. Just though I would throw this info out there for anyone interested.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I use rotella T-6

it is 100% synthetic and as stated above it is JASO MA certified.....

OH, dont forget to use a filter that works better than most, if you want to keep your oil clean.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts