GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on sale yesterday at my Wal-mart. Normally $19 and now is $11. Wish I would have found out if that is a clearance and if they are trying to get rid of it and not going to be selling it anymore and if so why.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
was on sale yesterday at my Wal-mart. Normally $19 and now is $11. Wish I would have found out if that is a clearance and if they are trying to get rid of it and not going to be selling it anymore and if so why.
Are you sure that it was the 5W-40? I saw the 15W-40 on a "rollback" for $11.

Or maybe it was $10.

Now you're going to make me go to Wally World to check......

Be right back..... :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
ROFL...I just bought a gallon jug here in Jax Saturday and it was $19 for the synthetic 5w-40. I doubt even Wal Mart would rollback 50%, but I've been wrong before...:tongue:

Great stuff, btw. I use it in all my vehicles. I certainly hope they don't discontinue it because the local Pep Boys charges more.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well, you caused me an early morning run to our local Wal-Mart but no dice on a sale. The 5W40 Dyno is the same price which is $10.50 and the 5W40 Syn is also the same as always, $19.00. Is this info wrong or are only some areas offering it on a rollback?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
The closest Wally's around here quit carrying the synthetic 5w-40 Rotella T last year. All they put on the shelves now is the 15w-40...what's up with that?
My local WalMart quit stocking it also and I asked the automotive manager if they could order me some. They did and I purchased 4 gals. so I'd have it on hand.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I visited my local Pep Boys yesterday. They sell the Rotella 5-40 for $19 also. Therefore, no frets even if Walmart decided to stop carrying it. I've thinking about switching from Honda's semi synthetic 10-40 to Rotella but am concerned that it does not technically carry the standards on the label that Honda recommends. I may switch to Honda's full synthetic HP4S.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Does this oil have molly in it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Some of the wally worlds are supposedly going to quit stocking Rotella 5-40 so they are putting it on clearance. The local store here had it for $15, I don't think it sold and now is back up to $19.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Rotella

Our local Wal-Mart has not had any synthetic for a while now. I finally did find it at Tractor Supply, but it was 21.00.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, OK, I went back and looked at what I had bought. My wife was in a hurry while we were there (first time she has ever been in a hurry in a Wal-Mart or any other store for that matter). I was prepared to eat crow but all of the jugs I bought were 5W-40 synthetic.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Red Ron,
I'd say you got a dandy deal. My guess is it was priced wrong and was prolly supposed to be regular 15-40 Dino oil for that price. Semper-fi

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Red Ron,
I'd say you got a dandy deal. My guess is it was priced wrong and was prolly supposed to be regular 15-40 Dino oil for that price. Semper-fi
+1
Stopped by the local Wally World today and took a peek....$19 for the 5w-40 syn.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Does this oil have molly in it?
Not EC oil. Its main design is for equipment with wet clutches and even wet brakes, diesel engines and even gasoline applications. Either version has a rather robust motorcycle following.

prs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts