GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to start another oil post, but is anyone using the Rotella T5 10W30 Synthetic Blend in their Gold Wing? I just put some in my 2012 and the bike seems to like it, and shifts very nice! So just wondering what the pro's and con's of this oil are??? If anyone else is using this oil that is. I would really like some input, good or bad about this oil before I put anymore miles on it, I just changed it and rode it up the road a few files. Heading to the Smokey Mountains Labor Day week end and need the info! Thanks in advance!!!I have this post in the general post board also.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your request for comment--RotellaT5 10w30

It should be fine. It is basically oil designed for diesel applications and those are motorcycle friendly. Just avoid any oil that has energy efficient modifiers because motorcycle clutches and transmission gears don't work well with those.Diesel oils are extremely heavy duty and that is good for a Goldwing setup.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good to me! And a lot cheaper that the Amsoil that I was using in my 2008 Gold Wing. Amsoil is good and I liked it but not the price. I think the Rotella T5 10W30 will be just fine with my and my wallet.:thumbup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
That must save you $20-$25 a year over a synthetic oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches, not to mention the extra protection a synthetic oil offers. It's your engine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That must save you $20-$25 a year over a synthetic oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches, not to mention the extra protection a synthetic oil offers. It's your engine.
I will switch over to a full synthetic after I get a few more miles on my "2012"!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts