GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it and about how long does it take to install. Thanks - Really want to add to the wing, but challenged in this area!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's really not too bad. Even if you're not very mechanical you should be able to install them in a couple of hours by the time you route the power wires and get them all tucked away.

If you're installing both the covers and the lights you just as well buy them together. Kuryakyn sells them as individual parts of you can buy them together and it's the same price either way.

Here's the installation instructions. http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/installation/7452-21GL-0605.pdf

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,745 Posts
The Ring of Fire attaches to the rotor cover with double sided tape. It's easier to install and postion the Ring of Fire on the rotor cover if you use a drop or two of dish soap in a cup of water and with your finger wipe a little bit of the soapy water on the rotor cover where the Ring of Fire goes. The soapy water will allow you to move the Ring of Fire around and postion it on the rotor cover exactly where you need it to be. After you mount the Ring of Fire that little bit of soapy water will dry up and the tape will totally stick and your Ring of fire will be mounted perfectly ...otherwise the sticky tape sticks where you first place it and you better have in the right place the first time you try it. :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ditto on what Wingnut said - get them already put together. I install the rotor covers with the ring of fire this summer. Instructions were good. Just be sure to get the ring of fire already installed on the rotor covers. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rotors/Ring of Fire

I really appreciate all the help and guidance on this matter. I can always count on this site for polite and professional advice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ring of fire

The best purchase I have ever made for attracting attention, the cagers love it. I chose the red/blue lights, go figure being a cop. No regrets and a easy install. They now make a rear tire ring of fire, but not sold on that unit yet.

Good luck

Joe

·
Registered
892 Posts
I suggest you install one of the switch assemblies on the brake master cylinder cover. Has three switches. Not expensive. I have the ring of fire lights (and others) to one and the saddle bag lights to another. I normally Turn them on only at night.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My plastic disc covers, (not sure which brand) were a little tough to align when new. Make sure they are room temperture to flex in place. After they were on the bike a time, they flexed to shape needed. Drove me nuts wondering why the last hole would not line up at first, then just pressed to place.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've had them on all My bikes get the real Honda one there made of actuall metal not plastic they fit perfect and won't break as a few of mine have over time, Honda is twice as much money but worth it all other brands other than Honda are plastic

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,745 Posts
Re: Ring of fire

Buffalo Soldier said:
They now make a rear tire ring of fire, but not sold on that unit yet. Joe
If your thinking about it...... it's only a matter of time :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok I'm sold now

Ok, now that I have seen Roadie's photo I'm sold.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts