GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What route planner have you found that when transferred will track accurately with the proper extension on the 2018 GW gps?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Honda Trip Planner
Kurviger

Lots of threads on this. Do a search. Also a “sticky“ on the top of the 2018 board on Kurviger

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda Trip Planner
Kurviger

Lots of threads on this. Do a search. Also a “sticky“ on the top of the 2018 board on Kurviger
Thanks for your reply. When establishing a route on HTP do you feel the route follows the highways when downloaded to the Navigation on the Goldwing?

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
It can also depend on what avoidances/preferences are set on the planner and the bike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've used them all, even as far as Harley Trip planner, Honda trip etc.. The Best (and the one I found is the best) is Kurviger!! It does work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the reply. I have tried Kurviger. The only problem I have, it doesn't let you enter address. It only shows gps coordinates. Am i missing something?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I have tried Kurviger. The only problem I have, it doesn't let you enter address. It only shows gps coordinates. Am i missing something?
Yes, Sometimes I have trouble finding a typed address, I use Google on My Phone to find it ,then use the mouse on the planner to find the exact address on the Kurviger map to drop the end point. just my way to work around it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Furkot.......But like any trip planner, the more shaping points you add the better. Dont give the bike a chance to decide what it thinks the best route is.

Craig

·
Registered
16 Posts
What route planner have you found that when transferred will track accurately with the proper extension on the 2018 GW gps?
I use the MyRoute app and web site to prepare routes. They also have a navigation app for it on IOS or Android and are currently working on making it Apple Carplay compliant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts