GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Texas riders, question???
we're coming from KY via Interstates to Texarkana....from there I was thinking of taking Hwy 59 south to Hwy 79 West to Roundrock....is that a good route???? should I stay on Interstate to Dallas and South on I35

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you could make it to Log Cabin, which is close to JV, by 8 am on Wednesday morning you could ride with the rest of us on to Kerrville. That way you can ride half of the way with the bunch that you were starting to ride with.
Dozerman

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
That is a tuff call Frank!!

How much time are you allowing from Texarcana to Kerrville??? 59 to 79 west from Henderson is a good scenic route, but will add almost a day to the trip. Staying on I-30 to Sulphur Springs and down 19 to Athens That will put in JV's area more or less. Remember only one thing if you stay on the Interstate, into Dallas... Time of Day If you are going to get into Dallas any time before 4PM you may be OK and get through in short order, but 4 and after is Suicide!!!!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Frank, riding a trike in or through Dallas is not fun. Between the fumes, bad roads and cages, its a living hell. You really should consider riding I-30 to Highway 19 at Canton and then head south to Athens or Log Cabin. We are having a BBQ at our place on Tuesday night and will head out with a pack of trikes on Wednesday morning for the Hill Country. You guys are more then welcome to join us.

In any event, we are sure looking forward to seeing you soon!

Hey Texas riders, question???
we're coming from KY via Interstates to Texarkana....from there I was thinking of taking Hwy 59 south to Hwy 79 West to Roundrock....is that a good route???? should I stay on Interstate to Dallas and South on I35

Thanks

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Whatever you do, do not go south past Georgetown on IH35. Do not go into Round Rock or Austin....TRAFFIC!!!

Take 29 from Georgetown to Llano, then 16 to Kerrville.

Looking forward to see all of you....Welcome to Texas. :p

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all
May try to leave KY Monday evening and get a jump on things...that may allow us to be in Log Cabin by Wednesday morning and we could join you rowdy bunch headed for Kerrville.....

Yee Haw..:lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Frank, riding a trike in or through Dallas is not fun. Between the fumes, bad roads and cages, its a living hell. You really should consider riding I-30 to Highway 19 at Canton and then head south to Athens or Log Cabin. We are having a BBQ at our place on Tuesday night and will head out with a pack of trikes on Wednesday morning for the Hill Country. You guys are more then welcome to join us.

In any event, we are sure looking forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks JV, we knew that you would know what route for Frank to take. It would be nice if they could join the group on the rest of the ride to Kerrville.
Dozerman

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is everyone staying overnight in Log Cabin? Just incase we can adjust to meet yaw'll at JV's for BBQ Tuesday night?????

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Gee Frank,

It sure would be great seeing the two of you on Tuesday evening at the Cabins.

:doorag: :popcorn:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wilson,
The trike time is getting closer! This week will be gone before we know it and we will be down to two weeks. Wow...we are going to have to start packing. Are you packing yet??
Dozerman :cool:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tooth brush and my thong....headed your way :22yikes::yes::yes::trike:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Frank: Too Much Info :eek:4:

We all have camera's remember :yes1:
I'm afraid my camera would explode! I have a vivid imagination but KYBLUE in a thong is just TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!:22yikes::22yikes:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
:doorag:
Wilson,
The trike time is getting closer! This week will be gone before we know it and we will be down to two weeks. Wow...we are going to have to start packing. Are you packing yet??
Dozerman :cool:

Hi You two,

I have been packed for months.....!!! (LOL)

I'm still considering going up and wait for everyone on the side of the highway....might be a long wait....!!!

I'm so ready...I feel like a child at Christmas. I'm having a hard time sleeing.

See everyone real soon.

:doorag: :popcorn: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts