GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is routine maintenance, such as oil changes and air filter changes, or upgrading, such as aftermarket fork springs or adding electronics more complicated on the airbag models?
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep , not anything allowed to be attached to the front forks and certain things are hard because of the ABS. Air filter seems to be the hardest to change and I find you have to take a little more a part but the front shelter actually splits into two pieces which can make it easier to install.

·
Registered
165 Posts
airbag model is fine to work on, air filter is a bit bigger job but well worth the effort when it is due, the shelter splits in 3 parts a few more bolts hold it on, i have ring of fire,fender extension on mine with no probs, the airbag will only deploy in heavy frontal impact so enjoy the bike and worry about something else;)

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
airbag model is fine to work on, air filter is a bit bigger job but well worth the effort when it is due, the shelter splits in 3 parts a few more bolts hold it on, i have ring of fire,fender extension on mine with no probs, the airbag will only deploy in heavy frontal impact so enjoy the bike and worry about something else;)
Can you PM me on how you do the ring of fire. Thanks

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
The biggest new consideration with the air bag models is to simply unhook the battery, before unplugging and plugging up pin connectors. That is the one thing that you need to do, just in case.

Kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts