GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would be the best location to mount the radio and the antenna for it and the best route for that cable..

TY in advance

Otters aka Fluffy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sat radio

I put the antena on the dash behind winshield works great.Bought a mount that goes on the cluth resivor. Or you can just leave it in the left pocket out of sight.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I used velcro and put the attenna on the clutch res. The raido is velcroed just above the control buttons on the dash. Fits well there and is easy to see. Also I routed all the wired under the left pocket and up to the raido/attenna looks very clean. I think as long as you find a plase that looks good to you and is easy to use it should be fine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I used velcro and put the attenna on the clutch res. The raido is velcroed just above the control buttons on the dash. Fits well there and is easy to see. Also I routed all the wired under the left pocket and up to the raido/attenna looks very clean. I think as long as you find a plase that looks good to you and is easy to use it should be fine.
+1 thats what i did, got the mount from cyclegadgets.com . bill

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thats a nice mount

cyclegadgets.com has a little rain bonnet that fits over it, for nasty weather

the front is clear, and its thin enough to use the buttons through the rain cover

i used to have a roady in the left fairing pocket

i didnt change stations ever, and no worries from rain, the aux plug is right there,a nd there is a power tap near the left mirror

couldnt be an easier install

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have mount a bunch of them for others by mounting the antenna in the trunk between the inner liner and the lid, works fine as long as there is no luggage rack, and use Ram mounts on the bars, most of the radios come with a 16 foot or more cord, run it under the seat, and up to the radio

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I put the antenna on the clutch reservoir and use automotive velcro just below the keys for the radio......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts