GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding along normal speed ,come up to stop light that has just changed to green.I'm in 2nd gear ran it up to 3800 to 4000RPM next light coming up. decrease speed about 3500 RPM i hear this BRRRRRR kinda like a fan hitting a shroud. So i did some testing at diff. RPM at increase and decrease. The sound is only for a split sec. on decrease only in 2nd and 3rd gear. have any of you had this happened? could it be valve to tight? The bike run just fine,oil ok,temp ok,shift ok, no notice of lost power or any functions.Never heard this before the only thing i've done recent is install new brake pads and front rotor covers and chrome lever for brake and clutch .. The bike has 28k on it,oil change and maint. pull at the correct times.It start fine, charges fine, I'm baffled:shrug:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Excess gas burning in the hot catalytic converters when closing the throttle part away at higher RPM'S so you are decelerating causes a tin sounding popping. Will also do it when opening the throttle slightly after going down hill for along ways.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excess gas burning in the hot catalytic converters when closing the throttle part away at higher RPM'S so you are decelerating causes a tin sounding popping. Will also do it when opening the throttle slightly after going down hill for along ways.
That it ,THANK YOU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts