GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rixx has probably not had enough time to post any pictures so I will.

He came down from Canada and purchased my 305 Dream. When he pulled in he had a little surprise as there were a few people who came to my house to say howdy to him.

They were, Rich and Becky, Polecat, Red Willy and his wife Marilyn, Eric and his wife Bonnie. There is a picture of them in the gallery shots. I wanted to thank them all for coming. It made for a great visit and fun afternoon. Jeff and Tammie Randall came up later to say howdy to the group.

There are other pictures taken by other people that might show up here later. (right Becky :wink: )

Go here to view the pictures: http://5ross.smugmug.com/gallery/1879929

Upon further review I see that RIXX had already put some pictures on. I did not realize this when I posted this. Anyway there are more pictures here.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toyo said:
Great things in those pics. Good looking car Rrixx. Where was Becky in the pictures?
Toyo, Becky is third from the left in the group shot.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WOW...I remember riding a 305 Dream in the mid to late 60's...but then again I remember the old S90 too...as well a driving a Honda S800 Car...ohhhh..well I'm old... :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice ride, but I have a few questions. I owned and rode a '65 150 Dream.

The crash bars and windshield are add-ons, right? Also, the rear turn signals?

What about the seat color? Was red an option, or were they all black and this is an after-market/re-upholstered seat?

Gotta lose that American flag on the rear bumper, and the luggage rack.

And what's with that chrome piece around the back of the front fender?

Just interested...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
kenkadish said:

The crash bars and windshield are add-ons, right?

What about the seat color? Was red an option, or were they all black and this is an after-market/re-upholstered seat?

Just interested...
Never heard of a 150 Dream...Geeze...Kendadish...those are accesories...I only remember the black seat...no luggage rack...no windsield...American Flag...only way to GO...the chrome...well I'm sure someone made chrome... :cry: oh well...gotta sell things somehow...LIMNCS...

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kenkadish said:

The crash bars and windshield are add-ons, right? Also, the rear turn signals?

Just interested...
Everything you asked about is and add on. Yes they even had them back then. :wink: :wink: The windsheild is an original BATES. Some of the people on this board I know have never heard of them. The rear rack is an aftermarket one made for various bikes at that time. About the only one it would fit was the Dream 305. The seat color was an option that you worked out with the dealer. Red Dreams came with red seats, blue Dreams came with blue seats and of course the black ones came with black seats. I had one Dream that was blue and it had a red seat. Somewhere out ther was a red Dream with a blue seat. :wink: :wink: Now for the turn signals. They were not a DOT mandated item in 1968 when that bike was delivered (Indiana). The ones that are on it are also aftermarket. The crash bars are add ons also.

The chrome trim around the tank and places like that are something that someone else put on. I purchased the bike five years ago just like I sold it to RRIXX. Only thing is it runs alot better now and is cleaned up plus it has new tires on it.

I had to go back an look at the pictures. The chrome piece around the back of the front fender is actually part of the front suspension. This bike did not have the fork tubes on the front like the bikes do today. The whole front end is of stamped steel construction just like the frame. There is no steel tube frame on a Dream. What you see from the side is actually the frame work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The 305 Dream was what turned me on to motorcycles. My soon-to-be stepdad at the time, had a blue Dream with a white fairing and a red seat.
I got my first motorcycle rides on that bike. I was probably about 10.

Before he married my mom, he got rid of the bike and bought a car. I was heartbroken..LOL. :(

Nice looking bike. Thanks for showing the pics and allowing me to take a short trip down memory lane.

Dep

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
If you'd lived closer, you could have borrowed my trailer and pulled it home with the Wing. :D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Great looking bike! My first ride on a motorcycle was on one just like that, but it was white.

Rrixx, if you need to borrow another strap, just let me know!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
dicepilot said:

Enjoy.
Dice, I think there is now a tie-down strap shortage in Logansport, Indiana. Some Canadian bandit made off with every one in town. Maybe we should all send our spares so that people will still have some to tie things down.

:shock:

Becky

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Rich & Becky said:
dicepilot said:

Enjoy.
Dice, I think there is now a tie-down strap shortage in Logansport, Indiana. Some Canadian bandit made off with every one in town. Maybe we should all send our spares so that people will still have some to tie things down.

:shock:

Becky
Yes, but don't forget that that Canadian bandit had some help from an engineer from Ohio and strapping fellow from Michigan City.

I might also add that Ross and Joyce were great hosts and made Polecat and I feel very welcome. Joyce made some biscuits and gravy for breakfast that were the best I have ever tasted. I'm sure the day time visitors felt the same way.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
RRIXX,

I have some tie downs if you don't have enough. :wink: :wink:

Nice find.... Fun Times.. :D :D

later..Randy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts