GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners, waitresses, and fellow riders sure like it when knowing via a post if ones attending . Makes room at table for ya without hassle .
Hard to ask for a number when one does not know .
Also a few minutes earlier makes it easier on waitress , so she does not have to keep wasting her time running back and forth .
If you wanna suprise somebody that's cool , please inform one person so seating can be made ahead of time .
Please RSVP RTE 's .
I call a lot of theses and seen confusion , waitress stressing , orders getting screwed up , and ect . Because of all this . Let's not wear out our welcome as a group anywhere . Thanks .

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Good advice!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yes very well said Randy, as waiters and waitresses can get pretty stressed out over groups...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes very well said Randy, as waiters and waitresses can get pretty stressed out over groups...
Hint to Rail: Over gropes, too. Dave Knudson and I are trying to make this RTE and waiting to hear back from Joecool1962. I should have a better idea tonight. I'll post tonight when I know more.
John

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I can't believe you even know about etiquette or even how to spell it!

Betty must have helped . . .

:yes:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
before Jones463 added himself and possibly joe cool to your 29th RTE, there are two of us that did reply already... :)
dave

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good advice!!:lol::lol:
Trying to make it easy on everybody . My grandmother was a waitress all her life and I understand what she went though . This is why I over tip , try to be a friendly,hassle free as possible, and try to make them smile before I leave .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
before Jones463 added himself and possibly joe cool to your 29th RTE, there are two of us that did reply already... :)
dave
Hint to Rail: Over gropes, too. Dave Knudson and I are trying to make this RTE and waiting to hear back from Joecool1962. I should have a better idea tonight. I'll post tonight when I know more.
John
I seen this already and I do appreciate it as I always do . At a place like Mihms it really does not matter as they have no large seating areas for groups anyways .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't believe you even know about etiquette or even how to spell it!

Betty must have helped . . .

:yes:
Know about it yes , using it?? well at times , but spelling took 4 tries even with spell checker .

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Great ideas, we try and get head counts down here in Florida so we can give the restaurant a heads up so that they can have enough staffing/cooks.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great ideas, we try and get head counts down here in Florida so we can give the restaurant a heads up so that they can have enough staffing/cooks.:thumbup:
Exactly , another reason when groups get larger .

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Just a suggestion as well, that larger groups try to find a pay-as-as-you-go-in buffet for their gatherings. Large groups of "happy" people are a nightmare for wait-persons, and the bill is ALWAYS a problem(right when some are antsy to get going).

Good post! Amazing that "someone" thought of this!

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good post! Amazing that "someone" thought of this!

:thumbup:
Sucking up to me works very well :thumbup:
Your a keeper :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I didn't think it was possible to use the words "RTE" , "Rules", and "Etiquette" in the same post.
.. You guys have definitely been snowed in for Way toooooooo long!
..lol..:joke:

.. Hope you get a real spring soon!!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't think it was possible to use the words "RTE" , "Rules", and "Etiquette" in the same post.
.. You guys have definitely been snowed in for Way toooooooo long!
..lol..:joke:

.. Hope you get a real spring soon!!

Dennis
Point well taken and I see what your sayin .
We have created a game out if it this year .
This is why a little clarification is needed .

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
This is why a little clarification is needed .

"Clarification" . . . . only so that Randy can fully take advantage of rules that are not in place.

He's the reason we need rules in the first place.

:lol:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sucking up to me works very well :thumbup:
Your a keeper :thumbup:
What is more amazing is that SIR RAIL thought of it first. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts