GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time us real Floridians (you know the ones that live south of "The Villages") to have some RTE's in our neck of the woods. Here is my suggestions. Lets start with Wild Turkey Tavern located by Avon Park.

Here is my tentative RTE
1) Wild Turkey Tavern - Avon Park Feb 1st
2) Log Cabin BBQ - Labelle tentative Feb 8th
3)The Seafood depot - Everglade City (TBD)
4) Navi-a-gator grill - Lake Suzy (TBD)
5) Alabama Jacks - Key Largo ???

Our 1st RTE is on Feb 1st - Wild Turkey Tavern. on 2751 Us Hwy 27 S Avon Park 33825 - kick the tires & BS at 11 eat at 11:30. Let me know if you will be attending

Update It is really important that I give the restaurant a number Thursday because the expected turnout - If you are plaaning to bow out please let me know Thanks

Attending
1) Steven Vergo (weikosteve) 1
2) Larry (thecruiser) 1
3) JohnACman 1
4) Fla.Mike 2
5)Bluestreek-02 2
6) Buckfan 11 2
7) irish 44395 2
8) Zebraranger 1
9) DnJ02wing 4
10) umpirebb 1
11) flacracker 1 or 2

Up date I just talked to Suzy the manager - Yes they only have one cook but she is confident that they can handle a group of 24 people - when we arrive she will start taking drink orders immediately at the bar to expedite the process. Also they take cash and debit cards, but recommend cash because there is a $1.50 surcharge and their machine is not always working.They normally charge a 18 percent tip on the bill for groups over six but she is waving that policy for us so please tip the servers Here is the link to their menu http://ridgearearestaurants.com/RestaurantPages/AvonParkPages/WildTurkey/wildturkeymenu.html
I will call her on the Friday before to confirm the amount of participants. steve

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Steve, as I sit here watching the snow fall, I sure am wishing I could join you on each of these "cool" rides. Remember, it never happened unless there are pictures to prove it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey Steve. I've been to almost all those when I lived in S. Fla. I'd like to suggest one of my favorites near Punta Gorda.......Navi-a-gator grill. Also if you get over to the east coast you got to do Capt. Hirams in Sebastian. http://www.yelp.com/biz/captain-hirams-sebastian-3?nb=1.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Hey Steve,
Count me in for the first one,... Wild Turkey Tavern on Feb 1st.
Larry (thecruiser)

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
I FOR ME - IS THAT WHERE AVON LADY LIVES ?:shrug::shrug::shrug::lol:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
One for me. Haven't been there for a few years. In the past that place was VERRRRRRRy SLOOOOOW cause they have a really small kitchen. So be prepared to wait a while for your order.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
46 Posts
F6B wants to crash this party. Put me down for 2.....To the OP (Steve): Unless things have changed, I believe this is a cash only place. Breaker, breaker....TJ, you got your ears on.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Sure, sounds like a nice ride. Chair for one please Steve... :yes1:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One for me. Haven't been there for a few years. In the past that place was VERRRRRRRy SLOOOOOW cause they have a really small kitchen. So be prepared to wait a while for your order.
I just talked to Suzy the manager - Yes they only have one cook but she is confident that they can handle a group of 20 people - when we arrive she will start taking drink orders immediately at the bar to expedite the process. Also they take cash and debit cards but recommend cash because there is a $1.50 surcharge and their machine is not always .working. They normally charge a 18 percent tip on the bill for groups over six but she is waving that policy for us so please tip the servers. here is the link to their menu http://ridgearearestaurants.com/RestaurantPages/AvonParkPages/WildTurkey/wildturkeymenu.html

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I'm in......... Mmmmmmm Gator tail............. :bow::yes1:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
If its not raining .......I'm in for 1

John

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve, as I sit here watching the snow fall, I sure am wishing I could join you on each of these "cool" rides. Remember, it never happened unless there are pictures to prove it.:thumbup:
"it never happened unless there are pictures to prove it." Jim, I tried using that line with my wife with no success. Take care & hope to see you Bryson City in June.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Even though this is South of I4:shock: I'm gonna try and make this. 1 please.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts