GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose to be a high of a balmy 32* Friday :wink2: Maybe even warmer down in tropical Wilmington.
Capricorn Inn again, you ask?
Oh contraire. Let's try out the BBQ place http://www.beaugardsbbq.com/index.html
Mom always said, try it, you might like it. NOON. Ride or Drive.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
You beat me to it. I was going to call one at the same place. :grin2:

Calling for a low of 21* here Friday morning.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Guys, I rode over by Beaugards a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately they were closed for the Christmas holiday. The building is on the west side of US68 on the south side of Wilmington about 2 miles from the center of downtown. Looks like it used to be a Bonanza or Ponderosa in a previous life. Boomer, come your normal route across 350 and just go right (north) when you get to 68. It will actually be slightly closer than the CI. And, if it smells bad, the CI is 10 miles down 730. My Zumo lists it and I haven't updated it since 2013 so the place has been around at least 6 years.
Bob, just keep heading south on 68 instead of hanging a right onto 730.
See you guys at noon.

·
Registered
628 Posts
CI is 10 minutes down 730, not 10 miles.

Reactions: cycledude

·
6,943 Posts
Thanks Rick, but I am familiar with the location of this place. I will turn on 350 off of 73 then turn right on Farmers Rd. Next I will turn right on 134. 134 dead ends into 68 right across the street from Beaugard's. I have to turn right to get to entrance.

Thanks anyway Rick.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Boomer, I agree 100%. Right on!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great to meet with Boomer, Raybob, and Bob for lunch.
Bob, what was up with that "Bob Conquistador" stuff with the hostess??? We were puzzled....
Oh, and Bob. Torque your nuts....

Reactions: vettesherps

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Bob, what was up with that "Bob Conquistador" stuff with the hostess??? We were puzzled....
This sounds a bit kinky. So how was the place?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Dang! You Ohio folks have "ALL THE FUN" !!!

Ronnie

·
6,943 Posts
I thought it was because she thought he looked like he came over with the Conquistador in the 15TH century. >:)

This sounds a bit kinky. So how was the place?
I didn't think it was bad...but sure nothing to get excited about.
George, I agree with Bob. I really don't care for vinegar based BBQ. But if the gang wants to meet there again I would go and have a burger.

Dang! You Ohio folks have "ALL THE FUN" !!!

Ronnie
Ronnie, You know your welcome anytime to ride over and join us. I would say that someone might even buy your lunch.

Just watch out for Bob. He likes to steal your tip and put it on his side so it looks like he left a bigger tip than he did. :grin2:

·
Registered
628 Posts
For anyone knowing Bullet Bob, this is no surprise. Somehow, all the tip money was at Bob's seat.....(Mr Big Tipper) whereas me, Ray, and Boomer are tightwads as our spots were clear....
The place was not crowded, but with the Capricorn Inn only 10 minutes away, I'm inclined to vote for the CI (in case JOEHALL shows up to order a salad....)
?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts