Votes: 1 10.0%
  • inclinepublichouse

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone going to give this a try and see if it flies (rides). We are going to vote on the RTE location for January 19th, 2019 via a poll. I will place the locations and links below and attendees who plan to attend can vote on the location. The locations will lean toward southern so our friends from Kentucky and Tennessee can make the run here easier.

http://www.greyhoundtavern.com

Big enough to wear as bracelets, Greyhound’s flaky rings are made from colossal Spanish sweet onions double-dipped in buttermilk. These have reigned supreme for over two decades for a reason.

Since several in this bunch are addicted to onion rings, the Greyhound Tavern is famous for their onion rings. Also they have a very good Hot Brown.

https://skinnydicks.net

While Skinny's is a tad bit of a drive, some that come to our RTE's would be up for the ride. I stopped there during a ride once and found it a VERY neat and entertaining establishment!

http://www.swampwatergrill.com

Have not tried this place yet but we usually get our burger fix at Capricorn Inn, so this would be a little different. Look over the website and see what ya think.

https://www.inclinepublichouse.com/index.aspx

This place is up on a hill in Cincinnati and you’d best have a GPS to get you there. But it has a very good view of the river and the town of Cincinnati.

Vote your stomach and come join a wintry (hopefully not) lunch with a great bunch of folks. FYI the Greyhound Tavern does have a group room that we might be able to get that is just off the main eating area that holds 20 people or more. Bring your wife or ???????

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

ps....One of the places to eat is a tongue in cheek place. Just so no one gets any ideas........

·
Administrator
4,580 Posts
Speaking of Skinny dicks, I THINK I was there once, in '71.

We were riding in a chinook helicopter headed for Fairbanks when the darn thing started vibrating (more than usual) and we had to set down quickly. Out in the middle of no-where was this bar/roadhouse. Didn't get to go in, but it sure looks like the same place. Shoot, it's only 63 hours......:grin2:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I voted for purely selfish reasons....the location that would offer me the best non-interstate route while still being able to make good time. Hope it pans out weather wise.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just Checking On Date Change Request.

Good Morning,

I have gotten a couple of request from folks wanting to know if the date is set in stone for the RTE for Jan. 19th.

They have asked if the group would like to move to Jan. 26th the next Saturday. I just randomly picked the 19th.

Myself either Saturday the 19th or 26th would work for me. BUT I WILL NOT move the date if ANYONE has made plans and it will inconvenience anyone if the date is moved.

I will watch the response for the next week and see if there is anymore request for a change to the 26th or if anyone has already made plans for the 19th and the change will be a problem for them.

Just trying to make the date accommodating for as many people as possible without creating any issues for ANYONE.

Happy Safe Riding New Year All!!!

·
Administrator
4,580 Posts
Ronnie. I'm sure not an expert to when it comes to calling a RTE, but it seems like the more you try to accommodate the masses, the more you fail. :crying: "If you could make it NEXT week, I can make it," or "I'm glad you didn't call it for next week." Sure as shootin', someone's feelings COULD get hurt.

Seems like just calling one for this date, at this time, at this place solves all that. If you can't make it, dern, see you next time.
Now you've heard from another's $.02 worth.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ronnie. I'm sure not an expert to when it comes to calling a RTE, but it seems like the more you try to accommodate the masses, the more you fail. :crying: "If you could make it NEXT week, I can make it," or "I'm glad you didn't call it for next week." Sure as shootin', someone's feelings COULD get hurt.

Seems like just calling one for this date, at this time, at this place solves all that. If you can't make it, dern, see you next time.
Now you've heard from another's $.02 worth.:grin2:

:agree:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Can't Pass This Up!!!

I know my Mom told me plenty of times you just have to let a few things go in your life. WELL Mom, I just can't pass this one up!! Way too much fun factor involved!!!

Ain't this kinda like the pot calling the kettle black?!!!!!!

Note the Jan.19th RTE thread for reference purposes. Post number 8.....

BB sez.....Ronnie. I'm sure not an expert to when it comes to calling a RTE. RAW sez.....BOY that's for sure!!!

BB sez......Seems like just calling one for this date, at this time, at this place.

Then BB sez....So...I'm moving it to this place...

I will be the first to admit I am easily confused at this age. Geez just wait until I get to Boomer's and Bullet's age!? I'll probably forget to put my pants on. Oh wait, Bullet Bob already does that when he comes to the RTE's in his underwear shorts!!

I will be at the NEW, CHANGED TO, DIFFERENT eating place from the one originally posted.

One thing for sure.....we are easily entertained during the winter riding months ragging on each other.

BB all kidding aside, you are right as usual and we will see what happens.

See you on Jan. 1!!!!

Taddpole we MAY have 3 going or just me in the car. You are welcome to ride with us if you want.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are We Are Ain't We?!

The New Year is off and running and yesterday we had one of the better RTE/DTE we've had in a long time! We actually had several ladies attend and that always makes the usual crowd that attends look much better.

Waiting to see how many folks commit to the Jan.19th RTE/DTE before we continue the go or no go decision process.

Topics to discuss if so desired:

Yearly Swap Meet
Who is attending the Cleveland or Chicago MC shows? Our group is slated for the Chicago Show this year. Went back to Cleveland last year and the Chicago show is just better. Going back to Chicago.
What are you looking for at the show?
What planned upcoming summer rides you considering or have planned.

Lots of knowledge in this group both good and BAD. You can certainly learn something from both the good and BAD aspects of almost anything with this conglomeration of yeawho's. Show up and it won't take them long to prove it to you both ways!

So if you plan to attend, chime in and we'll see how many are up for the challenge.

·
Administrator
4,580 Posts
Even though thouest may have given me a hard time, you also gave Boomer a hard time so I guess it's all right. And yes, as of right now, it's penciled in.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Icon!!

Even though thouest may have given me a hard time, you also gave Boomer a hard time so I guess it's all right. And yes, as of right now, it's penciled in.

BB, Boomer is an icon in this group as are you! Both of you bring a lot to the TABLE when you attend a RTE! Boomer just doesn't bring as much anymore.

Icon definition below

a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something.

I guess the of something in the definition is an indication of what?

As of now here are the folks advising they will attend.

Bullet Bob
Raw2210
Bruce
Elmer
HoosierDaddy

A great group that can only be made better by your attendance. And even better if you come and buy everyone's lunch! If you do that, BB and Boomer may bestow Icon status on you!

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
BB, Boomer is an icon in this group as are you! Both of you bring a lot to the TABLE when you attend a RTE! Boomer just doesn't bring as much anymore.

Icon definition below

a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something.

I guess the of something in the definition is an indication of what?

As of now here are the folks advising they will attend.

Bullet Bob
Raw2210
Bruce
Elmer
HoosierDaddy

A great group that can only be made better by your attendance. And even better if you come and buy everyone's lunch! If you do that, BB and Boomer may bestow Icon status on you!
As I have said before, Saturdays are harder for me to make than weekdays. I had not answered before now because of that and the weather in January. The only way I was going to come is if I could ride the bike. I talked with upper management this evening. If I make it and weather is bad. I will either drop her off at Grandkids or maybe bring her along.

SO!!! If @Hoosier Daddy and @Bullet Bob don't cancel, there is a good chance I will be there. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Lets all hope the heat wave that is forecasted for this weekend continues for two more weeks. Supposed to be sunny and 50dg this Saturday....think I hear a curvy road with a BBQ joint at the end of it calling me.

I'm riding to work this morning (new job at court house). Will be sunny and in the 40's on my ride home and just a little cool this morning....wakes me up real good.

Dan

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is this the Skinny Dicks's next to The Blue Oyster Bar ????

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I plan to attend this RTE, unless the weather goes to crap by then. Last RTE in Ohio, it took several hours to get all the road brine & salt solution off the bike. Luckily it warmed up a few days later, so I could get at it with hose and cleaning materials.

Reactions: Boomer1832cc
1 - 20 of 31 Posts