GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Love The DCT
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that did not go to Rockies Gold 2021 or to the Tomahawk rally. RTE to JJ's this coming Sunday, 1130 AM. Should be a great day for a ride. Temps forecasted to be in the mid 80's. Perfect temps for a pit stop at Nelson Creamery for ice cream!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Bummer... I'm going to Tomahawk this weekend. Otherwise, I would be all over this.

Reactions: cycledude and murf

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's only a mere 285 miles from Byron. :)
I've been in the town before on my CBR 1100XX. Just rode the wing up to Rochester, MN up through western Wisconsin then hopped on 90 to Rochester and had lunch with friends then hammered home on 90.
I would come if I wasn't working and it was on a Saturday! I'll put this in my RTE file though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Coming from Massachusetts may just be "tad too far"..............Bummer :cry::cry:

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Leave today and make it a leisurely trip. A tad over 400 mi/day and you'll be there by Sunday. :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm now were talking......:unsure::unsure: [hey, a man can dream can't he??]

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I've been in the town before on my CBR 1100XX. Just rode the wing up to Rochester, MN up through western Wisconsin then hopped on 90 to Rochester and had lunch with friends then hammered home on 90.
I would come if I wasn't working and it was on a Saturday! I'll put this in my RTE file though.

Blackbird, now we're talkin'. Still have it? If you do, we should meet up on the sport bikes some day. Just got new rubber on the Beverly Hills Ninja.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Blackbird, now we're talkin'. Still have it? If you do, we should meet up on the sport bikes some day. Just got new rubber on the Beverly Hills Ninja.

That's a possibility. I have this Monday or Tuesday off.
Yes, I have it and have no plans to ever sell it. Have it decked out for touring but can have the bags off in 3 minutes due to the Motech 1/4 turn mounts. Put an electronic cruise control on it. Looks stock as the controls came off a GL1500 right handle bar unit. Plugged right into the CBR wire harness. New suspension and all LED lights now.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
That's a possibility. I have this Monday or Tuesday off.
Yes, I have it and have no plans to ever sell it. Have it decked out for touring but can have the bags off in 3 minutes due to the Motech 1/4 turn mounts. Put an electronic cruise control on it. Looks stock as the controls came off a GL1500 right handle bar unit. Plugged right into the CBR wire harness. New suspension and all LED lights now.

Very nice! I wouldn't ever sell it either. I don't see many around anymore.

I'm always looking for people to ride with. Especially sport bikes. Unfortunately, I'll be at work Monday and Tuesday. I have the weekends off.

I love riding the back roads off the Mississippi river. My Ninja is set up primary for that. I'm always looking at new bikes, but nothing really appeals to me. I like to mod, and that doesn't play well with all the electronics on the new bikes. A $7k race ECU, to use what's all ready there is stupid. Think I'm just gonna stick some money in the Ninja. Going to do something with the suspension soon. I kinda want to put a 2016 or newer ZX10 front end on it, then that opens up more options for wheels, rotors, 520 chain and such. Dang wheel sensors for traction control. TC is always holding me back. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Very nice! I wouldn't ever sell it either. I don't see many around anymore.

I'm always looking for people to ride with. Especially sport bikes. Unfortunately, I'll be at work Monday and Tuesday. I have the weekends off.

I love riding the back roads off the Mississippi river. My Ninja is set up primary for that. I'm always looking at new bikes, but nothing really appeals to me. I like to mod, and that doesn't play well with all the electronics on the new bikes. A $7k race ECU, to use what's all ready there is stupid. Think I'm just gonna stick some money in the Ninja. Going to do something with the suspension soon. I kinda want to put a 2016 or newer ZX10 front end on it, then that opens up more options for wheels, rotors, 520 chain and such. Dang wheel sensors for traction control. TC is always holding me back. :)

There is something special about the Black Bird. Honda got it right. Rev to 12,000 all day long. Good power delivery from low rpms all the way up... but when 7,000 is reached hold on. Smooth engine, good handling and what I think are timeless looks. Engine lasts well over 100,000 miles. With the mods on it I just rode down to AZ and back via UT in 9 days. A little over 4,000 miles to ride on the old US 666 now 191. Coming home did two 750 mile days back to back. Not bad for an old rider and an old machine.

The only TC on my 2001 is my wrist and clutch control. Someone in my forum just put a newer Busa front end on his XX. I have replaced stock suspension front and back with Jamie Daugherty's suspension

And the wing has been transformed by putting Traxxion Dynamics suspension full Mega Monty on it. I learned that they do other bikes too.

I have weekends off sometimes too. Ya'll better get out and ride this month as the weather is going to change up there soon. If it's decent some Saturday in October I'll come up through western Wisconsin and you can show me some roads up there and then eat at JJ's. Sounds like a good place. Then I can hammer home.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
There is something special about the Black Bird. Honda got it right. Rev to 12,000 all day long. Good power delivery from low rpms all the way up... but when 7,000 is reached hold on. Smooth engine, good handling and what I think are timeless looks. Engine lasts well over 100,000 miles. With the mods on it I just rode down to AZ and back via UT in 9 days. A little over 4,000 miles to ride on the old US 666 now 191. Coming home did two 750 mile days back to back. Not bad for an old rider and an old machine.

The only TC on my 2001 is my wrist and clutch control. Someone in my forum just put a newer Busa front end on his XX. I have replaced stock suspension front and back with Jamie Daugherty's suspension

And the wing has been transformed by putting Traxxion Dynamics suspension full Mega Monty on it. I learned that they do other bikes too.

I have weekends off sometimes too. Ya'll better get out and ride this month as the weather is going to change up there soon. If it's decent some Saturday in October I'll come up through western Wisconsin and you can show me some roads up there and then eat at JJ's. Sounds like a good place. Then I can hammer home.

Gotta love the big inline fours! You must have that Big CBR dialed in to do back to back 750 mi days on it. I did a 450 mi day on my Ninja this summer. It was disturbing the way I started to look at on coming traffic on the way home.😀

Traction Control is pretty crude on my 2012 ZX-14R, compared to the new liter bikes and such. I have the ECU flashed, so TC will remain switched to off. Also got rid of the nanny restriction in first and second gear. I do like the fact that you can flash the ECU to the pipe combination that you wish, with no additional piggyback controller. I guess I'm not ready to give up fuel injection yet. 😀 Researching on what I'd have to do to a new sport bike to be content, makes me long for a bank of flat side carbs though. The more I look into all the TC and ABS stuff, the more I wonder why? I guess they gotta have something for the kids.😀

I have the Mega Monty on my GW as well. Traxxion has a S/U for just about everything. I sent them a e-mail a month or so ago, asking about options for the Ninja. Dan Anderson is a big help there. I haven't heard of Jamie Daugherty, I'll check out your link.

Yup mornings are cooling off here. The second weekend in October, we have a WI Dells get together. It started on the forum here, but it pretty much moved to Facebook. I'm a dinosaur and don't have a FB account. I send some more info in a PM. If you got nothing going on, check it out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gotta love the big inline fours! You must have that Big CBR dialed in to do back to back 750 mi days on it. I did a 450 mi day on my Ninja this summer. It was disturbing the way I started to look at on coming traffic on the way home.

Traction Control is pretty crude on my 2012 ZX-14R, compared to the new liter bikes and such. I have the ECU flashed, so TC will remain switched to off. Also got rid of the nanny restriction in first and second gear. I do like the fact that you can flash the ECU to the pipe combination that you wish, with no additional piggyback controller. I guess I'm not ready to give up fuel injection yet. Researching on what I'd have to do to a new sport bike to be content, makes me long for a bank of flat side carbs though. The more I look into all the TC and ABS stuff, the more I wonder why? I guess they gotta have something for the kids.

I have the Mega Monty on my GW as well. Traxxion has a S/U for just about everything. I sent them a e-mail a month or so ago, asking about options for the Ninja. Dan Anderson is a big help there. I haven't heard of Jamie Daugherty, I'll check out your link.

Yup mornings are cooling off here. The second weekend in October, we have a WI Dells get together. It started on the forum here, but it pretty much moved to Facebook. I'm a dinosaur and don't have a FB account. I send some more info in a PM. If you got nothing going on, check it out.
Is that the 8 and 9th or the 16th. Weekend of the 16th headed down to Northern Georgia and dragging some bikes down too for some fun on the side.

The Dell's are only between 2-3 hrs from me.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Hop on that trike, fire it up, and head west. I'm sure we can find a place for you to change your oil/filter before you head back. :giggle:
OMG! I just spit up my beer laughing! Good comeback! (Thank you :love:)
Ronnie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts