GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bikes & Breakfast has been running strong in Poolesville for a while now. 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month. The next one is in the middle of Labor Day weekend but the one after that is 9/16. 9-11am.

Lots of folks, lots of makes & models. Not many Goldwings. Let's change that.

https://www.facebook.com/events/179102356159262/?event_time_id=179102379492593

There is a little coffee & breakfast shop there, it's good, but be aware it can take a while to get food. There's a McD nearby. Really it's less of an "eat" and more of a stand-around but all is in play.

A little closer to the day, if the weather holds, I may chime in with a ride suggestion for the back end. TBD.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Big Bird:

Thanks for posting this.

It looks a little wet this Sunday, but sounds like a fun thing to do!

As you know, there is some great riding between Poolesville and Thurmont :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll likely be there on the 16th, but probably not until 10-10:30. I'll show you my corded Sena helmet clamp. I'll have another rider with me, and we'll be up for a post-ride.

Reactions: Big_Bird

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Rhys, did it work out for you last Sunday?
@SSNJim, great.

Long range forecast is showing AM showers for 9/16 but a lot can change between now and then, and skin is waterproof.

I will probably meet up here, in Cabin John just across the Legion Bridge, around 0730 with some folks coming up from VA. The place opens at 7. Head out to Poolesville 0745-ish via a nice wander through Montgomery County back roads. I know that meetup point barely counts as MD for you northerners.

On the back end of the Poolesville operation, just to have a plan from which to depart I may loop up to Thurmont High Rocks then back to Beans in the Belfry in Brunswick. Or follow the pack.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The event is rain or shine, Sunday is looking pretty darn good anyway, and Flo's odd hook-to-the-left path is treating us well. Should be a good day.

I just looked at the pics on the event page for the Labor Day weekend iteration and saw there were at least 3 Goldwings there. Surrounded by swarms of Triumphs and lots of other rides.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Big_Bird, thanks for the invite and the ride. We had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. The post-ride was awesome - you showed us some new roads to a place we had never heard of before. Kevin and I ended up spending the rest of the day riding around between Thurmont and Taneytown, and just got home in the last hour or so.

We'll likely be back. Thanks again!

Reactions: Big_Bird
1 - 6 of 6 Posts