GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where: Melrose, WI, St. Kevin's Catholic Church. When: Sunday Sept. 15th. Time: 12 Noon!

I am thinking this would be a good ride to eat. I hear they have a great turkey and ham dinner. Location should be central for a lot of us. Share with others. Please click on the link. If I get enough responses I will let them know ahead of time.. This is great riding in this area.

https://www.guardianangelscathparish.org/ :biker::eat2::chat:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Tentatively, yes...would be a nice ride along 35 on the river then 54 over....

Reactions: murf and cycledude

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Orrin I definitely hope to make it ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Where: Melrose, WI, St. Kevin's Catholic Church. When: Sunday Sept. 15th.

I am thinking this would be a good ride to eat. I hear they have a great turkey and ham dinner. Location should be central for a lot of us. Share with others. Please click on the link. If I get enough responses I will let them know ahead of time.. This is great riding in this area.

https://www.guardianangelscathparish.org/ :biker::eat2::chat:
What time do you plan on being there?

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Murph, It's 150 mils for me, so I am planning on noon. I hope to see a bunch there. I didn't realize that I had not put a time in.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sort of thought that there might be more interest going to a church supper for a ride to eat. It's something that is not done here very often. I hope there will be more interest as we get nearer to the date. It's always good to see the group.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Orrin, luckily it wasn’t today it rained like crazy here ! The forecast is looking good for Sunday.
Definitely was a frog choker yesterday. Another frog choker here this AM with another one forecasted this PM. The lawn looks like a mushroom farm. >:)

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Murph, It's 150 mils for me, so I am planning on noon. I hope to see a bunch there. I didn't realize that I had not put a time in.
Glad ya put a time in for planning purposes. :wink2: It's right at a 200 mi hike for me and it appears the weather is going to co-operate.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Linda, I, and a friend are leaving our house at 8:00 am and planning on being there at noon. We are planning on back roads all the way. Any one who wants to ride with us is more than welcome. Just pm me and we will set up a meeting place.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Sunday is the big day, so far the weather is looking great.
Sure hope the weather holds out for a nice day tomorrow. 45 deg here this morning. Warmed up quickly. Now we have pop up t-storms with lots of lightning. Hope that doesn’t happen tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Yes it rained pretty lightly here today about 5 times but fortunately it never rained hard enough to require rain gear, in the past 2 weeks we have gotten over 5 inches of rain here, I can’t believe how crazy the weather has been all year !

Reactions: murf

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Weather looks great, I will be heading for Melrose in a few minutes.

Reactions: murf

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Nice turnout 5 riders on 5 bikes, never saw Mr Proudpeacock hopefully everything is well. The food was excellent.
Was a great day for a ride. About a 300 mile day.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Great call on the RTE, Orrin. Food was excellent and there was plenty of it. Definitely worth the 400 mile day. Turned out to be a great day, lots of bikes on the River Road.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to see Murph and Cycledude, and that you guys made it home safe. Yes, I agree, the food was good. Linda, Tammy, and I made it home in good time, and no rain.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
Good to see Murph and Cycledude, and that you guys made it home safe. Yes, I agree, the food was good. Linda, Tammy, and I made it home in good time, and no rain.
Got home not that long ago. Big festival in Pepin so I stopped for fuel at the BP, rehydrate, and to look over all the bikes that had stopped there. Saw an absolutely gorgeous 1199 Panigale ridden by a dude that had to be at least 6' 6" or taller.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice turnout 5 riders on 5 bikes, never saw Mr Proudpeacock hopefully everything is well. The food was excellent.
Was a great day for a ride. About a 300 mile day.
Thanks for noticing! Mr. Proudpeacock had too many chores today, after 400 mile R/T yesterday to "Randy's Workshop and Home for the Terminally Young" to have a new Driveguard put on the Bike, and still have time to prep for Tuesday departure to Rockies Gold. Will try to not miss anymore if at all possible...

Reactions: cycledude and murf
1 - 20 of 22 Posts