GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of rubber baby buggy bumpers from dixon and put them on today. One of the best things I have seen out in a long time.Thanks John P.S If you get a set of these be sure to remove your 1/4 tubing from your trunk gasket mine would not close with it in. But the bumpers let the gasket work like it should.Highly recommed. Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Obviously I missed the original post.. Can I get specifics on the RBBB's?? Whre to buy and cost..

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is Your Trunk Lid Rubbing Your Tits Off?

Even after using rubber tape on the sides of the trunk and shoving rubber tubing into the lid gasket, I was still finding powder residue on the sides of the trunk and lid. After installing the Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, I no longer find any powder residue on the lip of the trunk which means that the lid is no longer rubbing on the trunk.

Installing these requires drilling 4ea-1/4" holes in the trunk and using silicone spray and some effort to get the Bumper tits into the hole.

After installation, the trunk will be hard to close and open for a while. I find that to close it just drop the lid from about 8 inches and to open you may have to press the lid down a little. After a while the trunk will be easier to open and close.

They can be obtained from
Dixon "Y" Machine Inc
707-678-2375 or
email: [email protected]

I'm not affiliated with nor have an interest in this company.

The Kit

Bumpers Installed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trunk rubbing!

Another trick to try, is using small round stick on felt pads at different points on the trunk.

·
Chard Member
13,046 Posts
Just got a set of rubber baby buggy bumpers from dixon and put them on today. One of the best things I have seen out in a long time.Thanks John P.S If you get a set of these be sure to remove your 1/4 tubing from your trunk gasket mine would not close with it in. But the bumpers let the gasket work like it should.Highly recommed. Thanks

Will this post?

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Another trick to try, is using small round stick on felt pads at different points on the trunk.
That is what I have done on all four of the Goldwings I have owned.
The bumpers are a good deal though. I would think they would be almost a necessity if you have a trunk rack

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Our old astronaut member, "Digger", used to have the Guiness record for resurrecting old threads, but I think Red has now taken the crown!

prs

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
WAG?

This thread was born November, 2003, the same month and year @Red joined.

Looking at Red’s picture in his avatar ... Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers is just fond memory of his.>:)

·
Chard Member
13,046 Posts
Our old astronaut member, "Digger", used to have the Guiness record for resurrecting old threads, but I think Red has now taken the crown!

prs

This thread popped up under unread threads. Just for the heck of it wanted to see if I could post to it.

This is about the time this board was reborn for the third time!

Haven’t heard of the Baby Bumpers in forever. Guess they were discontinued!

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
WAG?

This thread was born November, 2003, the same month and year @Red joined.

Looking at Red’s picture in his avatar ... Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers is just fond memory of his.>:)
I think Red has been around here longer than your record gives credit. Seems that way, time flies as the hours drag on.

prs

·
Chard Member
13,046 Posts
I think Red has been around here longer than your record gives credit. Seems that way, time flies as the hours drag on.

prs

Yep, been here since day one. Oct or Nov 2000. I guess we were using Hal’s 1500 site to watch the 1800 introduction in Germany. Hal and Lamont went over for it. They sent live video back which to me was amazing back then.

Did Digger post a lot at night while at work?

Not many have been around here for 10+ years.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I used to visit here as guest back when it was first GL1800riders and thought I recalled your presence. You gave some of the best tips! I think I joined in late 2002 or maybe even 2003 after buying my 2002, which I still ride.

Digger explained that his work kept him away from posting for long periods of time, thus when he browsed it was often old topics that interested him and his replies would bring them back to the top.

We still have a group of early members, but dang we are getting old!

prs

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been searching the site for actual installation instructions for the RBBB trunk lid solution. I've found a ton of posts about them, but no actual instructions.There are references to a drilling location template, but I can't find a link to that either. I bought the RBBB, but they didn't come with instructions, nor template.
Can someone provide a link that I could reference?

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
I've been searching the site for actual installation instructions for the RBBB trunk lid solution. I've found a ton of posts about them, but no actual instructions.There are references to a drilling location template, but I can't find a link to that either. I bought the RBBB, but they didn't come with instructions, nor template.
On some Wings, the front RBBBs get torn off and will soon need replaced.

If you don't have an under-lid organizer, this is a far better product. Plus, like the trunk bumpers for your car, these are adjustable also.

There are very few aftermarket accessories that make a 5th gen mechanically better, this is one of them. Tapered steering head bearings is an example of another.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I installed the Wingriderproducts support like it a lot.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Maybe you should contact the manufacturer directly, if you purchased them directly from Dixon Y:

@Fred H. may also have photos...not sure he ever installed these, however.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts