GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local Honda auto dealer yesterday buying coolant and noticed a large selection of remote covers on the parts counter. They have models in various colors that will fit the GL1800 remote for $5.99 each.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I ordered a red one a few years back but don't remember from who.
It is well used and I should get another one, if I can find the place again.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but it seemed like an appropriate place. Huh?

Are the electrical connectors and not those just particular to the GW, the same as Honda uses in cars?

Tnx and pse PM. (There, backslid out of that one easily) ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ordered the GW remote cover from Wing Stuff for my 2012 but the buttons didn't line up wit the cover, so I had to send it back. Did they change the button locations on the 2012?

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
I got a few of them in a bag I will never use pm me your address and I will send you one... Gray only

Matt(BCNV):thumbup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I ordered the GW remote cover from Wing Stuff for my 2012 but the buttons didn't line up wit the cover, so I had to send it back. Did they change the button locations on the 2012?

You are correct in that the remotes for the 2012's are different from the remotes on the '01 to '10 models. I don't have pics, but I looked at a '12 last week and that is one of the things I noticed. The new remote looked slightly smaller and thinner with buttons layed out in different locations on the face.

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
I got a few of them in a bag I will never use pm me your address and I will send you one... Gray only

Got one pm, I got 5 left

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
All remote covers spoken for and headed for the mailbox...

Thanks for playing!!,

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I was at my local Honda auto dealer yesterday buying coolant and noticed a large selection of remote covers on the parts counter. They have models in various colors that will fit the GL1800 remote for $5.99 each.
Mine doesn't need a cover. It stays on the ring with my house keys. That way, if I lock my Wing keys in the trunk, I just pull out my remote and open the trunk.

Same with the remote for my Buick

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Sadly all the free remote covers are spoken for.....

Matt(BCNV) :-(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts