GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Houston next Monday en route to Ruidoso for the Golden Aspen Rally? Anyone else planning to attend? I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people from this board if anyone else is going.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
I blew thru there this June as I was headed further east.

I can see where this time of year that'd be a pretty place to go & ride around.

You might check if there's anything on the NM state board & see if there's any discussion about it there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Golden Aspen

The wife and I went with in-laws 3 years ago, rained hard for a couple of days. Sure wish we had the time for us to take off and go. Have a good one!
Ride Safe & Ride Long!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Can anyone give me more details please

I'm working in Hobbs all week and think I may try to make it. Can anyone give me some more info???? Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Road warrior,
I live in Hobbs and am planning on leaving Thurs. Where are you working?

·
Registered
542 Posts
In Hobbs all week

I'm in Hobbs now and will be here all week. I'm at the Comfort suites and have to work out just past the airport. I know I need a beer!!!!!! I will be off about 7 if your in a beer mood.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Road warrior,
Dang it I'm 30 minutes later already. Got my grandson most afternoons and evenings so a cold one is out for me. Are you planning to go to Ruidoso this weekend? 20 mi. before Ruidoso is the Tinnie Silver Dollar usually our first stop for one. If you ride over to Cloudcroft the Western Bar and Grill is another watering hole. Last but not least is the No Scum Allowed bar in White Oaks. Don't worry folks we make these bars on three separate days and only have one. RW we will be camping at the Twin Spruce RV Park.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Roadwarrior,
Man sorry I missed your post. I had subscribed to the post and your reply didn't hit my "smart" phone until Sat. Night. I won't bore you with all the fun we had.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I seen you

We were out at the no SCUM bar Saturday and now that I see you picture again I realize that I was standing 5 feet from you and your hairy hat. I was wearing a no scum black long sleeve with a MARINES hat as you came under the patio with a beer in hand!!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wasn't me. I didn't wear my "hairy" cap. But I was at the No Scum Bar Saturday about noon. We didn't hang around long, not my kinda folks. Went riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts