GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from Daytona this evening. I am going back on Thursday. We had a lot of guys drop by.

There are rumors flying at Daytona about the 2005 GL1800. I hate to spread rumors but if they turn out to be true everyone will be excited. For those at Daytona this week, keep your eyes open as there are supposed to be several 2005s being driven around town for test purposes. But the badge may not say GL1800 ?????

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rumors

You talkin' about the new 1800 SE in Pearl Blue? Yeah, that's the one I want.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
On my 2004 valve covers chrome strip it only says; "Honda"

Should be interesting to see if Honda changed very many parts on the 2005 to correct a few engineering 'issues" ;)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Hal
Everybody on the board says they'll place an order with you if you'll tell us what the rumors are. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
. I hate to spread rumors but if they turn out to be true everyone will be excited........
wow Honda is bringing back yellow :yw1: with a hemi !

·
Registered
338 Posts
If I read between the lines correctly of Hal's message, it wont be a 1800 any more. Maybe 2200?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Is the name of this site going to have to change? GL2000riders.com?
It would be neat to be one of the first to get the info.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You all should know by now that Mother Honda loves to let us get excited about rumors. And of course when we finally get the real skinny, we're surprised at how accurate we where all along. I personnaly think the next Wing will be a 2200cc rocket, still a flat 6 of course.

·
Registered
816 Posts

I just read in cycle world about the new BMW. If BMW is upping the ante in horsepower/performance Honda will not want to be far behind. Additionally, my humble opinion is that it would be good to distance the bike from the problems the GL1800 has had. Redesign the front end to handle new fan- radiator and the c.c.'s to 2,000 +. My bet is 2,200.

Hal, any word on a frame redesign as well?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
My guess is that they will change the front end for cooling, 2200cc flat 6 & they have to be getting close to coming out with a automatic option for the ones that don't want to shift. They need to shake up the bushes with changes to get away from all the problems weather real or not that comes with the GL1800 name.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Fer a Pard wut don't wanna spread no stink'n rumor; Ole Hal sure is good at it, ain't he?

prs

Oh, what the H377?! Let me get this cat out the bag right now. Its a 2200 cc boxer six with 6 speed wide ratio tranny, tiatanium steel alloy frame, superior cooling system, all linked ABS, nice big saddle and all the goodies on it standard, including your choice of powder coated or chromed wheels and no PRICE increase!

Harrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I heard it was going to be a 2000cc motor with hydraulic lifters. There were a few other items but I wasn't listening too well at first and thought they were talking about another machine. When I asked if they were talking about the 05 wing they shut up. I expect something, as 2005 is the 30th anniversary of the Gold Wing. I wonder what I could get for a slightly used silver 1800.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Should be interesting!!

censored. censored. censored>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HAL knows hal to spark interest. Now for months of the speculation. Could be interesting!

Interesting that the 04 valve cover does not have 1800 on it -- first I've heard someone say that as my '02 has "Honda 1800" on them. Wonder why they did that!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Is the name of this site going to have to change? GL2000riders.com?
A redesigned Wing is going to have a whole new set of issues than the 1800. That's why a GL1800 forum exists--the 1800 has almost nothing in common with the 1500 and earlier Wings. So, it makes sense to have a separate forum for a new generation Wing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts