GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...
I'm trying to install the spoiler dual function wiring converter on my 2012.
The blue two pin connectors on the spoiler are no problem.
My problem is I can't find the blue 3-pin connector on the bike for the other end.

Anybody know where these connectors are located?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Help...
My problem is I can't find the blue 3-pin connector on the bike for the other end.

Aren't they under the trunk liner. The top part that flips up when you open the trunk. You have to unscrew about 15 screws and take out the liner and there are wires in there. Seems like there is a clear one and a blue one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't they under the trunk liner. The top part that flips up when you open the trunk. You have to unscrew about 15 screws and take out the liner and there are wires in there. Seems like there is a clear one and a blue one.
Yes, there are two connectors in the lid. The white one is for the spoiler brake light and the blue one is for a vanity/courtesy trunk light.
One end of my Run/Brake harness connects between the white ones for the spoiler brake light.
What I am looking for is the tail light blue connector that was on top of the shelf behind the wheel on earlier models. All I have found is weather-pak type connectors that won't work with this harness anyway. I am considering tapping into the tag light 12 volt wire for the running light feed. It is easily accessible by removing the lower rear panel.;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Help...

Whoa! Back up a second for a newbee. What is a "dual function wiring converter"?

I have a 2012 and have been up in that lid recess a few times now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
All the connectors seem to be of the new type on the 2012, I have also looked and found no place to connect the current (old) style dual function harness to make the harness plug and play and running light, i'm hoping Lewis at EC will be coming out with one soon as he did the Trailer Relay wiring harness update, so until then you may have to just roll with it being just a brake light for now or get creative and spice , ooooh that hurts just thinking that way. Good luck. But if you find a way without splicing keep us informed.

Update, I bought EC setup for the 2012 from Lewis, installing and functionallity is great, thank's Lewis as always a great product.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Help...

You have a circuit for the 2001-2010. Won't work as plug and play. See my link above for pics to see the difference.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a circuit for the 2001-2010. Won't work as plug and play. See my link above for pics to see the difference.
Thanks, I had figured that out and spliced into the tag light wire for the tail light feed. Seemed like the least invasive way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
trialer lights

I have a 2012 goldwing with a spoiler that has a flasher for the brake light in the spoiler and what my question is how can I plug the trialer light wiring harness up and still use the flasher

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I have a 2012 goldwing with a spoiler that has a flasher for the brake light in the spoiler and what my question is how can I plug the trialer light wiring harness up and still use the flasher
Yes, but plug your isolator in first. Don't modulate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts