GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 yrs ago after a LOT of watching this Dark sider forum I decided to take the plunge and glad I did. Leaving Memphis last Sat. I ran over something and cut down the side wall of my Kumo 195/55/r16 I ran 75 miles on a flat tire with no problems at all, I mean I had a 4 inch cut in the side of my tire and no one home to come get me, so I headed home at 60 mph with no troubles ordered a me one today, this fat boy will never run a mc tire again. Slowflier

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Good thing you had a run flat!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
About 2 yrs ago after a LOT of watching this Dark sider forum I decided to take the plunge and glad I did. Leaving Memphis last Sat. I ran over something and cut down the side wall of my Kumo 195/55/r16 I ran 75 miles on a flat tire with no problems at all, I mean I had a 4 inch cut in the side of my tire and no one home to come get me, so I headed home at 60 mph with no troubles ordered a me one today, this fat boy will never run a mc tire again. Slowflier
That example is exactly why I try my hardest to talk fellow riders out of trying a NRF .
Glad to hear you are safe and sound .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That example is exactly why I try my hardest to talk fellow riders out of trying a NRF .
Glad to hear you are safe and sound .
And why I took my last non run flat off!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Thanks for the report. Glad you got home SAFELY on the tire that would get you there! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I also run a RF for all the reasons posted. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts