GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have run-flats, do you have TPMS? OEM Honda, or aftermarket??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a 2009 with factory TPMS. Kumho RF is run at 32-34 psi. TPMS low press light blinks all the time. Now running Falken @ 41 psi.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm running a Perelli @ 36 psi.

No TPMS on my '02 :wrong:

Love it.

Will I get a Darksider number? I dunno.....
Will I get a Darksider sticker? I dunno.....

Don't care

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have a 2010 and I am running a Dunlop RF at 34 psi..Once the tire warms up the light goes out..The warmer the day the faster the tire warms up..Usually light is out in 10 to 15 minutes..I have over 3000 miles on this tire and it still looks new so 34 psi must be just about the right psi.....Works just fine..

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Tireguard ... 2nd generation
... works great.

I removed the key chain and just velcrowed
the display below the break reservoir...
.. when it rains, or when I park, I just pull it off and throw it in the "glove" box.

Dennis

·
Registered
452 Posts
Having just gone dark, I think I'm going to get one. On my 'break-in' ride down to South Carolina and back, some of the roads made it feel like the rear tire was low. Checking it all the time was somewhat of a PITA. Being able to see the tire pressures and temps takes one more thing off my mind while riding.

I was thinking about getting the Doran unit. Does anyone know anywhere that sells them for less than $195 though? Seems like only a few places carry them besides the mfg. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I have both the Honda TPMS and the Dorian TPMS.

I run 30psi on my RF Pirelli and decided to quiet the Honda TPMS. It only has idiot lights so I decided to disable the system and soley use the Dorian TPMS.

Been running this modification setup for 12k miles now and it works well.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Nope.......for a couple reasons: I ride primarily where the chance for a puncture is greatly decreased (not in town) and secondly, I my butt would know if the tire(s) were low in pressure.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Neither, I fly on a wing and a prayer!:thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
507 Posts
Im running 34psi on my Perelli and have installed the Dorian tpms works great. And doesn't look as cheap as the prevoius models on the key chain.
No offense!!! To those who have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts