GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and about for a bit and stopped over at the local Honda dealer.
They didn't have any 04's on the floor. But what they did have was a Rune ! Wow what a fantastic looking bike, they had it up in the air so you couldn't sit on it. I would love to just sit on that puppy. Purddy Deep Burgandy Color. Big gas tank, I would think the riding position would not be staright up ? I wonder how it sounds. :1st:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i for one dont care for the rune

it reminds me of the old indian bikes

for what they cost i can have my new wing and my pacific coast and my wifes 1100 spirit

and still have money left for a couple years of gas

and so on

i just dont understand the attraction

loren

·
Registered
368 Posts
They sound Great! A friend bought the first one that showed up at the local dealer. She was riding an 1800 Wing and felt the Rune fit her better. From the pictures, I thought they looked like they needed a cartoon cat riding them! However, in person, I think they are really sharp. I couldn't possibly afford one, but for someone who could and wanted a custom bike, it would be hard to beat. :yes:

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
That "Purddy Deep Burgundy Color" was probably the Candy Black Cherry. The same color available for the '04 1800 Wing.

The Rune isn't loud at all. The exhaust sounds about like any other Honda cruiser from the factory.

Maybe this is the start of Honda coming out with another Valk line of bikes. Still like looking at the Valks better than any of the Wings, including the 1800! :( Chrome and steel has always gone together well on a motorcycle! LOL....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts