GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I snowmobiled over to the area Honda dealer on Saturday to check out the new bikes. My son is interested in purchasing a rocket of some kind - I guess :shock: Anyway they had a brand new Rune on the floor. This is one huge bike :!: To be honest I don't know what to think of it. It's big, futuristic, and radical. I may have to let this one grow on me for a while. I think it's one ot those love it or hate it things.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
There are a lot of base model Rune's out there still unsold. I don't know if any Dealers are discounting the left overs yet but I would expect a few to get hungry enough to make a good deal, IF your son wants one that is.

Our local Dealer has one on the floor and one in the crate at MSRP of $24.500. I have been told that there are still 31 unsold in the Rocky Mtn Reigon which supprised me. It seems the demand wasn't as high as Honda predicted for such an odd duck design. Like you said it seems to be a love it or hate it thing and there are still quite a few Un-Loved Rune's sitting around. :wink:

Jerry

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
All the dealers that I've been to have them in only one color.... purple (aka illusion blue). :(

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
the color would be candy black cherry. Other colors available are illusion blue and black. We have one model chrome wheels, and pull backs left. I also have a used one with 500 miles on it, if I dont sell it I will keep it for me... It is going under a lighting transformation next week as I just finished lighting up the new wing... If your son does want one make sure he gets one with the pull back bars much more comfortable to ride

·
Registered
84 Posts
The machine is awesome (Not a Wing though), but the price is bad. My local dealer has had a CBC one on the floor since at least October.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i was one of the guys who hated it from the get go.

saturday at the chicago show there was also that triumph that is very similar, like a 2300 cc. also falls into the yuk class. i guess i like the valk well enough, but once the vtx and the rune roll out, i am way gone.

loren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts