GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my first Runflat tire on my bike a few weeks ago. Today out for a ride, noticed (TPMS display) that I was slowly losing pressure in rear tire (about 10 lbs per 45 minutes). Rode home to the convenience of my garage, pulled out a nasty screw, plugged the tire. All good now! Got to love that Runflat technology:grin2:

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Cant beat it for safety

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Thanks for sharing your real world experience here. THAT is why I am sold on rear ct, but only a run flat. Why the motorcycle tire industry does not make this technology available to us, is beyond me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for sharing your real world experience here. THAT is why I am sold on rear ct, but only a run flat. Why the motorcycle tire industry does not make this technology available to us, is beyond me.
The darkside haters don't know what they are missing!

BTW - Joe, as I had mentioned in previous posts, I decided on the Snow Control largely influenced by your write-up of it. And after a few weeks with it have not been disappointed.

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Been saying that for years now. I'm not a tire engineer, obviously, but I'm can't imagine that using the same technology in a rounded shape of a MC isn't that much different than a RF CT. They must have a higher profit margin in MC tires as they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts