GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Russell Day Long heated saddle for sale. $400 shipped in the lower 48. It is not perfect so if perfect is what you want than skip this ad. I bought this used hoping it would work for me. It did but it didn't for my wife so that's why it is for sale. It looks great on my red Gl1800 and is very comfortable to me and the back rest is amazing.. I called Russell seats and got the info on it. It was built in 2004 for a guy 6"3" and 220 pounds. The passenger seat was built for a lady that was 5"9" and 170 pounds. The leather is very soft and comfortable but is somewhat cracked. on the wings of the seat. My intentions were to have a local upholsterer fix the two bad and adjust the seat some. I put leather conditioner and the cracks really softened up.. Looks like an old bomber jacket. Turns out that even though I am 5"7" and 29 inch inseam that I flat foot all the way forward and didn't need the adjustment. The seat height feels the same as stock. My wife liked the Corbin seat we had on our last Wing so now we have a Corbin coming that I bought on this list. One other thing about this seat that may or may not interest you is that it has a Vibe Rider installed. If you don't know what it is then look it up. My wife was not interested so I was going to have it removed and sell to some Harley guy.:wink2. It also has a broken passenger heater switch. It was broken before I got it and I planned on replacing it. I hooked up a switch that did not fit to see if things worked and the switch lit up in both high and low. I've tried to be upfront and honest about this seat and give you good information. It also has one heated clothing hook up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The seat was made for a 6'3 220# and you are 5'7 and you can flat foot, but only all the way forward? What do you have your air suspension setting at? I'm curious because I'm 5'8 and the seat looks cool, but all the way back, I'm not so sure I can be comfortable not being at least 3/4 way flat footed. Any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.