GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few phone calls/emails from a few friends and a call to Russell Daylong I was able to get the price within reason, so I decided to order the custom seat for my GL1800, this should cure that old butt burn and back problems that I have been having when making long trips.

My production date is scheduled for February 20th and will be sending my stock seat to them sometime around the first week of February. Does anyone here local have his or her stock GL1800 seat lying around that I can borrow until my new one comes in sometime around or before March 18th.

If not I'm grounded till the new seat comes in.

Thanks,

·
Registered
550 Posts
seat

I have mine in a plastic bag if you can make some kind of arrangements to meet me somewhere around ft. worth or the mid cities area. You are more than welcome to use it until yours comes in.
You can give me a call at 8172552372 during the day, and ask for Jan.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
shooter, i wish you luck with russell

i had a very poor experience with them, doesnt mean you will. they made me some production promises also, and didnt hold to it and then told me some stories. not the type of service that warrants the $$.

loren

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Shooter,

About time you did something about that seat! I got tired of having whine with all our meals (LOL). If you need someone to pick the seat up for you, let me know. I might be able to get away for a few hours to get it for you.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
My Day-Long is just a year old and it's great! It will take a little time to find the "pocket" so give yourself a chance to get use to it. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob, your generosity is greatly appreciated.

I'll let you know when.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Russell seat

Hey Steve, I also had a problem with Day long from the start :? :? .. I have sent mine back now for the third and last time. It should be back Friday or Monday.. I bought a seat just so I could ride while mine was being made and I sure glad I did. Its a long story and the good news is they stood by (almost) what they say they will do.

You are welcome to borrow mine. I will send mine directly to Day Long or to you and you can keep it till you get yours back, be sure to take a long ride after you get it to make sure it fits. (it may have to go back to day long for repairs) Mine was not even close to fitting me. :cry:

You can call me on my cell at 805 660-7575 or just email me back @
[email protected]
and let me know if you want it. I live in southern California just N of L.A.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Anyone of us Northerners could lend out a seat for two more months, and never miss it. It would appear that you have a loaner under control.

Anything falls through the crack, I have two seats now.

Dawg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Shooter, I've got one in IOWA{-26 windchill today} drive on up this way and get it[on your bike] :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts